• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

To Azimuth : An Alien Abduction Mystery in 1970’s Alabama

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-12-11

PM

Hey everyone! My name is Zach Sanford. I’m the lead on To Azimuth, an adventure game that my team is currently Kickstarting. I thought I’d stop by to share what we’re working on.

Trailer

Gameplay Demonstration

Put quickly, To Azimuth puts players in the roles of siblings Nate and Susannah Windham on the search for their brother, who has vanished without explanation. As they search, they begin to discover evidence pointing toward the possible involvement of extraterrestrial intervention, pulling them into a world involving space agencies, truth control, conspiracy theories, familial ties, and mental illness.

The main gameplay revolves around investigating environments for clues and information, much of it hidden behind environmental puzzles rooted in real-world logic, and not all of it necessarily true. The depth to which players want to delve into the search for information is entirely up to them, so they can main-line the story if they would like to, though passing over a lot of information will change the story accordingly. Being a narrative-heavy game, dialogue choice also plays a large role, with essentially every line spoken by the currently played character presented as a choice. Decisions made both in and out of dialogue shape Nate and Susannah into a unique take on the character, which can be shared between playthroughs as the opposite character or with other people.

The narrative itself was born of a love of science fiction (including, of course, the X-Files) and a long-held fascination with alien abduction accounts. The setting was chosen because of personal ties to the region and an affinity for 70’s sci-fi in particular. The story also dips into the turmoil surrounding civil rights in Alabama 14 years removed from the Civil Rights Act.

If you want to read up more on the game or check out more screenshots, you can check out the Kickstarter or the game’s main website.

Thanks for taking a look!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Those changing environments are trippy! Colour me intrigued…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Saw this on kickstarter and the art blew me away. My only gripe with it is very personal, as in the pitch video is REALLY, really depressing. It looks immensely atmospheric.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Why you posted when only 5 days are left?

Would suck bigtime if it doesn’t make it.

KZ0 artsytle with Alabama backdrop…..so much potential.

I want it.

Frown

Edit:

Hey , if it fails, redo it. Its too good to miss and worth a 2nd try.

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

This low-poly-no-smoothing art style is the new groove eh? It’s popping up all over the place since KRZ. I gotta admit I like it though. And the environment shifts are real juicy. Grin

Best of luck with this!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Azimuth… any relation to Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

You had me at the background shifts! Backed.

I agree with nomadsoul - if you don’t make it this time try again.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2014-12-11

PM

Thanks everyone! It’s my fault for not posting it sooner, I’m not exactly the most experienced when it comes to crowdfunding, so it’s been a scramble figuring out what we could do to spread the word. Live and learn, I suppose.

If we’re not funded, we have a few options. One of them is definitely to try again at a later time.

Oh, and I have to be honest, I haven’t played Woodruff and the Schnibble…Is that something that I should rectify?

Joined 2014-12-11

PM

Hey all! I thought I’d share To Azimuth‘s new gameplay footage and some new screenshots with you. Our Kickstarter is heading into its final hours, and while we’re sitting at about 47% percent funding, we’ll keep going until the end. There’s still time, right?

Anyway, you can find the new gameplay footage at this link.

And some new screenshots:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The shifting backgrounds and splitscreen zoom in on objects look very cool. Makes everything look very dynamic.
Not impossible to reach the goal. Good luck on the final days.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 15 December 2014 02:19 PM

The shifting backgrounds and splitscreen zoom in on objects look very cool. Makes everything look very dynamic.

It also makes this look *very* unique.

Should the worst come to pass and it doesn’t get funded, just try again. There’s no way this would fail on a second attempt.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Luckily I had this on reminder, so I remembered to back it in time… Of course, this time it’s looking a bit uncertain. But please do try again!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That is one creepy looking game, but I like creepy. I’ve got this game on my watch list.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

I had it on reminder but it didn’t remind me. Meh

another go please!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Oh yes, please have another go! I’d like to back this too. Those room changes were mesmerizing in a delightfully trippy way. Very creative, I love that.

zach_sanford - 12 December 2014 02:56 PM

Oh, and I have to be honest, I haven’t played Woodruff and the Schnibble…Is that something that I should rectify?

Meh. You’re not missing out. It was created by Pierre Gilhodes, the same guy who made the Gobliiins games. If you liked those, you should definitely check it out, but as far as I can remember, it’s littered with unfair and illogical puzzles and can’t be played without a walkthrough.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

off topic here but I’d like to chime in on the woodruff comments. The setting was pretty fun but the puzzles were generally quite horrible. I spent a ton of time with that game and don’t think I ever beat it… It had a very trippy soundtrack though.

I wish they had taken the puzzle design more seriously. The setting had a lot of potential.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top