• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesSolanaceanzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 26 November 2014 03:08 AM

But is the equation correct!

No idea. I just saved and quit, awaiting the go-ahead for Act III like the good school boy I am. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 26 November 2014 06:45 AM
Iznogood - 26 November 2014 03:08 AM

But is the equation correct!

No idea. I just saved and quit, awaiting the go-ahead for Act III like the good school boy I am. Innocent

Thumbs Up

Later this afternoon

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I played quite a few hours last night, got into act 2, but didn’t get many puzzles done, though the inventory keeps getting bigger and bigger. Got the gate pass, but no luck on the golden items.

Insulting the guards wives no longer gets me into the palace and I still can’t get into the shades. Also, that square stone that shoots you up to the roofs and chimneys no longer does that, and I can’t get up there. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way? As I can recall, the guy on the roof had one of the golden items, I suppose I have to attend that meeting to get any further, but I’m still in search of a costume.

I remember so little of act 2 that the dark woods and Nanny Ogg’s house was like a completely new location, like playing the game for the first time. That’s awesome! Same with the Edge of the World.

Got loads of theories to test out today, hopefully they’ll result in some golden stuff! Smile

TimovieMan - 14 November 2014 06:48 AM

the game still manages to stump me with alarming frequency (and I’ve played it before!).

^This!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Dag - 26 November 2014 07:20 AM

Insulting the guards wives no longer gets me into the palace

You have a serious psychological problem, you know. Have you considered visiting an expert?

and I still can’t get into the shades.

There are business to attend to in the palace first.

Also, that square stone that shoots you up to the roofs and chimneys no longer does that, and I can’t get up there. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way?

It is a very specific square. My guess is that you go around it.

As I can recall, the guy on the roof had one of the golden items

You’l see Naughty

I suppose I have to attend that meeting to get any further, but I’m still in search of a costume.

True, before collecting any quest items or anything else in Act II like f.e. entering the shades, you have to go to the meeting. That’s how you know who else participated in the ritual.
Have you searched the street yet? From both N and S? Ever heard of the butterfly effect?

P.S: Some of my posted tips on each chapter may prove invaluable to you, as well as the map.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Thanks, Sefir! Now I’m back on track. Got the robe, and attended the meeting, and then everything loosened up. I had to go back to UU and get another [spoiler]frog, because, at first, I stuffed it in Rincewinds throat after trying to catch the butterfly[/spoiler] Tongue

I remember, this was one of the puzzles that I accidentally solved through trial and error the first time I played the game, and I thought it was among the silliest things I’d seen in a game, but now that I understand more of Discworld-logic, it actually makes sense(ish) Tongue

Sefir - 26 November 2014 08:30 AM

It is a very specific square. My guess is that you go around it.

No, turns out it’s disabled until after you attend the meeting Smile

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 November 2014 04:10 AM

Did you read the illustrated book of their adventures?  The drawings are just the way I pictured them.

Actually I haven’t, I have only read the novels, the other stuff really doesn’t interest me that much, at least not enough to buy it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After quite a bit of fumbling with the books, I finished Act 3 and had a chat with the guards.  I suspect that I can improve the odds once I get further into the act.

Izno,
The illustrated large format book is The Last Hero.  It’s very well done.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone! I appologize for the small delay, but there where some technical problems with the internet connection at home. As a result

1) I can’t post screenshots for my favorite Act 2 moments today.
2) I have to write from my office computer for the time being (Hi boss!!).

Welcome everyone to Act III!!!
Whoever is following the pace is in front of the city gates, trying to find out what you need to be a hero.

So go on!! Search the city if any other people have any idea about useful items for being a hero that can actually improve your chances!! And then find the right equation.

After figuring out what this chapters quest items will be (a magic spell, a talisman, a moustage, a birthmark, a magic sword and camel-flage), we will go for search of the first one and in one of my personal favorite “quests” in the game. The talisman. You have until the 2nd of December to find it!

Tip 1: Disc quote: Scientists have calculated that the chance of anything so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one. But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten. Wink
Tip 2: What happened to the brotherhood quarters?
Tip 3: Now where we could find such a quest item? Perhaps someone in the Broken Drum knows more. And we have to be sure he tells us the truth!! Nanny may provide some assistance.
Tip 4: Don’t forget to read the bumper sticker in the Livery Stable’s cart.
Tip 5: No, there are no more prized animal photos around. You have to take one yourself. Remember: a prized one.
Tip 6: I am very happy that you enjoy this thread. But have you followed Nanny Ogg’s thread yet? You won’t get dissapointed.
Tip 7: Sometimes the Dibbler is not selling completely useless junk.
Tip 8: And don’t forget to visit the Palace’s Dungeons!!
Tip 9: Let the luggage be your guide.

Yep! 9 Tips. For a single quest item. Welcome to the most difficult Act of the game. Smile

P.S: I have to ask. Which one of you found out who the brotherhood members were from the meeting alone? (before searching for the gold items).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 27 November 2014 02:20 AM

P.S: I have to ask. Which one of you found out who the brotherhood members were from the meeting alone? (before searching for the gold items).

I sure didn’t. I didn’t find out about the dunnyman, the chimney sweeper and the mason, but the latter two only popped up for the first time AFTER the meeting, no? So it’d be kind of hard to recognize them from the meeting alone…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 27 November 2014 06:33 AM

I didn’t find out about the dunnyman, the chimney sweeper and the mason, but the latter two only popped up for the first time AFTER the meeting, no?

I’m pretty sure the the chimney sweeper was available for dialog even before you enter the ritual.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Unrelated random thought: the guy with the Hawaiian shirt and the glasses that occasionally pops up to give some exposition, is that supposed to be Twoflower?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Never thought of it, but he could well be!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 27 November 2014 06:36 AM

I’m pretty sure the the chimney sweeper was available for dialog even before you enter the ritual.

Yes, I remember talking to him early in the game, after my first flight of many to the rooftops.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve had very little progress today, I only got 1 golden item (the tooth) so far, and am a little stumped at the moment. The street urchin won’t teach me the secret handshake unless I prove I’m a man. Clueless atm, giving up for today, hopefully I’ll have a clearer mind tomorrow.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think I got the best odds from Nobby because all heroic quests seem hopeless. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top