• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 19 January 2017 05:26 PM

Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona

Posts like these remind me of soccer craze
I asked my retailer if someone else is asking you for Re7
He said , no game is not selling anymore like before except FIFA
I was like no way
Yeah he said, same for TR, no sales
So how man pieces you have sold yet, i asked
He said, 20,00,000 Meh
Thats just middleeast

Last year my cousin in Canada asked me, if i have ps4, i said yes
I asked if he has one
He said no i dont, i have PS3, and i only play FIFA Meh

To this day i am unable to understand the craze, in people where its not even national sport, its understandable for Europeans but world is crazy over it

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 January 2017 07:32 PM
Origami - 19 January 2017 05:26 PM

Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona

Posts like these remind me of soccer craze
I asked my retailer if someone else is asking you for Re7
He said , no game is not selling anymore like before except FIFA
I was like no way
Yeah he said, same for TR, no sales
So how man pieces you have sold yet, i asked
He said, 20,00,000 Meh
Thats just middleeast

Last year my cousin in Canada asked me, if i have ps4, i said yes
I asked if he has one
He said no i dont, i have PS3, and i only play FIFA Meh

To this day i am unable to understand the craze, in people where its not even national sport, its understandable for Europeans but world is crazy over it

It’s a worldwide sport plus the games are a fun representation of it and very easy to pick up and play. Also makes it the best party game.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

played more of the witcher 3 beat the bloody baron quest line along with the keria stuff and met lethos and god I still love him. Id love a spin off starring him. Overall I am liking it a lot more the lore and world building is fantastic and of course having choices that really matter.

this next part will contain a spoiler the part where you find the wraith in the tower; I stopped from unleashing her on the world but I read what would happen if you did unleash her. something like the village close by would die, does anyone know how this worked in game, was it like slow or could you just meditate and the village would be deserted, im just curious how the devs did it

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-12-03

PM

I can actually answer that because I did that quest twice (started a NG+ a while ago). When you release the spirit, it will kill everybody in the village nearby. However, you’ll only realise what you’ve done once you return there with the Bloody Baron to round up all the men before going to the swamp. It’s a short cutscene, if I remember correctly - you arrive at the village with the Baron and his men, the cutscene shows everybody dead, you get to talk to the Elder and can tell him that you released the spirt which causes him to curse you… it’s not a pleasant scene. Releasing the spirit also affects the Baron’s wife, Anna. The Crones are so angry with you (because you released the spirit) and Anna (because she let the children go) that they curse her and turn her into a Water Hag. You then can try to lift the curse but even if you succeed, there won’t be a happy ending for Anna and the Baron. The first time I did this quest, I got a good ending. During my NG+, I went for the not-so-good ending (to put it mildly) intentionally simply because I wanted to see what the game has to offer. You get to do additional small quests when going for the not-so-good ending which was actually fun. However, if I should ever do a third playthrough, I’d go for the better ending again simply because the alternative is heartbreaking. Then again, you almost never get to choose between good and bad but you’ll almost always end up with the consequences of a decision that you thought was morally right at the time. That’s what I love about this game Smile

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Jehane - 20 January 2017 08:24 AM

I can actually answer that because I did that quest twice (started a NG+ a while ago). When you release the spirit, it will kill everybody in the village nearby. However, you’ll only realise what you’ve done once you return there with the Bloody Baron to round up all the men before going to the swamp. It’s a short cutscene, if I remember correctly - you arrive at the village with the Baron and his men, the cutscene shows everybody dead, you get to talk to the Elder and can tell him that you released the spirt which causes him to curse you… it’s not a pleasant scene. Releasing the spirit also affects the Baron’s wife, Anna. The Crones are so angry with you (because you released the spirit) and Anna (because she let the children go) that they curse her and turn her into a Water Hag. You then can try to lift the curse but even if you succeed, there won’t be a happy ending for Anna and the Baron. The first time I did this quest, I got a good ending. During my NG+, I went for the not-so-good ending (to put it mildly) intentionally simply because I wanted to see what the game has to offer. You get to do additional small quests when going for the not-so-good ending which was actually fun. However, if I should ever do a third playthrough, I’d go for the better ending again simply because the alternative is heartbreaking. Then again, you almost never get to choose between good and bad but you’ll almost always end up with the consequences of a decision that you thought was morally right at the time. That’s what I love about this game Smile

no im talking about a sidequest involving a girl in a tower, that got turned into a wraith, there was a mage there experimenting with disease and plague. and her lover abandoned her

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 January 2017 05:20 PM

Great review. Resident Evil and Capcom are back!

You know it when you help plenty of gamers stuck in puzzles like old days
thats wat i am doing on Fbook community
Old days, remind me of painting room puzzle days
or BS1 goat puzzle Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 19 January 2017 05:20 PM

Great review. Resident Evil and Capcom are back!

That gif reminds me of Twin Peaks…

Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

New Danganronpa V3 (Vita version).

Hmm. I like the seperate cases (a lot, actually) but the overall story is… hmmm, I like the idea behind it, but the execution is a bit iffy. The ‘revised’ versions of game mechanics from previous games are all rather awful, no idea why they changed them so drastically from SDR2. Also, it’s been almost FIVE years since the team made SDR2, but nowhere does it feel like the team has really advanced. It’s not really “New”, just “Another” Danganronpa, with little differences from the two games I played on the PSP. As a “game”, NDRV3 is at best a standstill, but more often a step back.

That said though, I have to repeat that I do like the mystery plots of this game. Some cases make neat use of the unique rules of the Danganronpa universe or the medium, while others are just solid impossible crime mysteries. They are not difficult, and it’s quite easy to guess what’s going to happen in a trial even before the trial starts (SDR2 was a lot better with information distribution in that sense), but nonetheless, the murders are original and imaginative, showing that mystery stories don’t need to be overly complex to be simply fun.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Cayne: Statis Story

Great little free add on to Statis. Isometric gruesome graphics and some fun little puzzles.

It shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours to complete (2.5 hours according to Steam), but it wets the appetite for their new game.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

ResidentEvil7 on Madhouse difficulty

I don’t immediately start a second run but its a sign of great game
Infact RE7 is a classic like Re1-4
Madhouse spikes difficulty to real survival horror

-You get very few ammo, so every bullet counts, enemies take less damage, and biggest of all they can one hit or kill you in 2 hits

-Molded respawn points are random, you pick an item, turn back and Bam, one on your face
Never a dull moment
And yes, like previous RE’s true survival horror starts when you get limited saves

-Unlike AloneintheDark or Outlast you cannot abuse save or save everywhere or not get checkpoints that often
So any save file decision can destroy your progress since you cannot go back to loot ammo, and you have to play long hard areas to make each save count, also you cannot undo once saved
Plus save cassettes can be missed and are limited like RE’s ink ribbons

-Madhouse also rearranges items, Enemy AI gets real aggressive, they stalk you like real thing,move faster, some enemies get new moves and puzzles are changed a bit
In other words Capcom nailed it, not to mention slight decision variations in story
keeps 2nd run interesting

-Like Evilwithin, ammo in crates is randomly generated, so its even more intense
In 2 major boss fights i had only one bullet left in my inventory with red health and no health potions
Miss the shots, restart , every shot counts and every potion counts

Cant wait for DLCs, i can even take more REs in FP style

9.5/10

RE7 is first Goty contender and i hope it sells a ton
2.5 million right now

Favorite REs

REmake > RE2 > REOutbreak1&2 > RE7 > RE0 > RE3 > RE5 > DeadAim > CV > RE6 > RE4

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

lol at placing RE4 last.
Was it too mainstream for you to like it?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 29 January 2017 02:31 PM

lol at placing RE4 last.
Was it too mainstream for you to like it?

Good question, it was my among my fav, went down with time, its still beast of a game in game design terms, but things i want in RE were toned down, specifically art design, environments, and action based focus ,having a dealer to give you all weapons you want etc
Also responsible for changing focus to action horror and series adopted it until now

If only it would have been same game with with RE3.5 art design
Great decision with Re7 to emphasize on atmosphere and environments

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Chipping away at the pile of shame continues as I finally get round to completing (I actually restarted the game I was about 10% through). Back to 2013…..

Assassin’s Creed IV : Black Flag

Arhh Meh Harties!!

Avast this be a Pirate game.

Ok enough of that.

This is a mixture of the normal Assassin’s Creed parkour with a huge dollop of high sea adventures. The in town stuff is what you expect, climb towers, unlock side missions (of which there are a shit ton of items to collect and other busy work.), hide in bushes and murder people.

The better part of the game and what makes it stand out is where you have a ship called the Jackdaw which you sail the seas around Jamaica, looting or sinking other ships for resources and loot to sell. Use the resources to make the ship better, get diving bells to plunder ship wrecks and battle storms rogue waves.

The ship parts are the best parts of the game and it is a lot of fun to get in big ship battles and board ships for booty. There is also islands to explore, treasure to find, forts to blow to hell and take over (basically bases in Farcry as they unlock control of areas of the sea map) and whales and sharks to harpoon.

Pros

* Being a pirate and all the ship bits.
* Open world sailing. Like grown up Wind Waker.
* Varied locations and scenery.
* Some of the side missions are fun like the Assassin’s hunt for templar keys in the main cities or the shipping contracts for big money.
* The weird present day locations where you are basically working for Ubisoft and the animus stuff is for a video game. There are about 4 mini games some of which were actually ok.
* Graphics are fine, but the water and storm effects are pretty good.

Cons

* Way to much crap to collect.
* Tail missions in towns - too many and boring
* The Observatory etc story is bonkers as usual.
* In town bits are still Meh!

4/5 just for it being Pirates.

- 65% completion and 31 hrs 41 mins played.

(P.s I still have one Ass Creed game on my Pile of Shame, but I ain’t playing two in a row.)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Resident Evil 7 DLC pack 1

Bedroom

This is full on puzzle game room like AGs we are used to
Not want to spoil the surprise but it has some great twist based on same setting with lots of inventory puzzles to solve to get out of the room
Loved every second

EthanMustDie

Its like Darksouls version of CoD survival mode, where you open crates to get random items and cannot buy them,no saves, objective based, tough as nails

Nightmare

Survive until dawn, basically CoD type survival mode , fight waves of enemies and buy weapons on fly until dawn, test your skills in one go

Feels like cut content from original , to make more money
Recycled assets but give more both puzzles and action fun

8/10

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 29 January 2017 04:07 PM

Good question, it was my among my fav, went down with time, its still beast of a game in game design terms, but things i want in RE were toned down, specifically art design, environments, and action based focus ,having a dealer to give you all weapons you want etc Also responsible for changing focus to action horror and series adopted it until now

Yes, this is a valid argument. It was the first of the mothership title RE games to shift away from the traditional formula. But still….don’t understand how you could put RE:6 ahead of 4. That game was broken as hell.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top