• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dystopian Games

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Snatcher is a cyberpunk-themed graphic and story of Snatcher is heavily influenced by cyberpunk and science-fiction media, taking place in a large futuristic dystopian city

A Hideo Kojima game got you covered,

Edit:

Cypher is a cyberpunk text adventure (interactive fiction) set in the dystopian city of Neosushi

Druuna: Morbus Gravis is an adventure game from Italian developer Artematica, based on a cult comic book character of the same name created by Italian cartoonist Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri. Both the comic book and the game are set in the same dystopian, post-apocalyptic future in which most humans have been infected by a terrible and deadly plague.

Donot google druuna images while at work, its Adult Nsfw comic made into game, though i believe game is safer, but still

P.S: Advie cannot qualify for Masters in either Dystopia without Druuna for obvious reasons.
And he cant qualify final test of phd without A Hideokojima game.

Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think it obvious that i am at no role to argue about whether this (or that) falls under the dystopian category or not,  several -must have- plot element i have learned today about my fav plot story, and above all was its need to integrate from within events happing at future.

i must admit or calrify that i have understood most of things about this a bit confusing strict defination of dystopian plots and stories but this must-be future-timing-element; thus i may have considered a chaotic historical plot about (i. e) lost civilizations as the native americans or the fall of pharaohs, could be (even slightly) referred to as dystopian(s).

But anyhow, anyway if i might say i know better now,  i still seem a bit (or much) confused.

as for Perry Rhodan by then and now, i seemed to have beileved its plot could be the least said it is coloured with some dystopian layer or it was as shot with/over a dystopian chroma-key, hence the story which describes the milkyway enemies of the terrains, and the universe fight ovet resources and immortality… etc (btw does Full Throttle fall under this dystopian category? ),  the far year into a new era of future that implies a catastrophic events sometime along before the the Perry Rhodan, Flash Gorden original story.

anyways,  it seems more and more confusing as i write,  now.  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think of a dystopian society as a post-apocalyptic society. Could be in the past. Might be in the future. The environment is ruled by a quasi-dictatorship. “Quasi” as in the reported view is that it is a benevolent governance, when it really is not. I generally think of the situation as Earth-oriented, but that isn’t a necessity. Recent examples of dystopian societies in film are The Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner.

While there may be some avant-garde technology involved, dystopia is not Sci-Fi. In fact, weapons involved are quite rudimentary. (Aside from Katniss’ arrows taking on a nuclear capability.)

If I try to fit games into that model, the only one that really comes to mind is Blade Runner.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Rise Of The Dragon is one of my favorite games ever

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’ll share what I know about the genre: in the early 20th century, people began writing “Utopia” novels. Spurred by what technology already offered them, they predicted in the future everything will be perfect: no wars, no hunger and no disease.

Dystopias came as a response to that, essentially arguing that technological advancement could end in nightmare scenarios. I think Huxley’s “Brave New World” is the most famous early example, and I think the earliest one (at least, the earliest one I’ve actually read) is something called “We” by a russian author (it’s a pretty lousy book too, so don’t go looking it up). Huxley just stands out because unlike books like Fahrenheit 451 or 1984, the protagonist doesn’t really pass judgment on society, which makes it more subversive, in a way.

In any case, IMO for a game to qualify it has to be futuristic and depend heavily on a society which doesn’t abide the principles we hold dear today (equality, individual freedom etc).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just loved the Blade Runner game - I’ve played it several times and just never gets old. Blade Runner is very dystopian to me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2014-05-26

PM

Thanks all of you! Sorry couldn’t get back any quicker, I had exams last week. Love you guys!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top