• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Signatures

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can someone please tell me why I can’t remove my sig? I can edit it but not remove it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

That’s a good question. I don’t recall if that’s ever been possible - I’ve never tried to remove mine - but it certainly doesn’t seem to work now.

I can’t completely remove your sig either.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Did those last updates (that also caused the signatures to display \n instead of line-breaks) have anything to do with it perhaps?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It used to be possible, yes. Sometimes I have a sig and sometimes I don’t.

EDIT: See line breaks and apostrophe in my newly edited sig.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I am getting \ before the apostrophe in my signature as well.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 February 2015 04:18 PM

I am getting \ before the apostrophe in my signature as well.

Fixed that for you.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you, TimModman!  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

I’m bumping this thread because I’ve been asked this several times already, and there IS a workaround:

If you use an ‘enter’ (for a line-break) or if you type an apostrophe (’) when updating your signature, it’ll get displayed wrongly in the forums.

An enter will appear as ‘\n’ (without going to a new line), and an apostrophe will have several backslashes in front of it.

The workaround is using HTML-code for these. Instead of entering for a linebreak, you can use < br > (without the spaces), and instead of an apostrophe, you can use &# 39 (without the space).
This’ll make your signature display correctly again.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 10 March 2016 06:47 AM

instead of an apostrophe, you can use &# 39 (without the space).

Or you can just copy and paste a curly apostrophe from a post (or Word, or wherever). As long as it’s not a straight apostrophe, it works.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top