• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 29 September 2016 05:39 PM

So Disney is making a live-action remake of The Lion King, to be directed by Jon Favreau who did the live-action remake of The Jungle Book earlier this year.

Bit late in the year for April Fools, no?

Can I just go “Nope!” and leave now?

I dont think you realize the world you live in ,

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/25/13050462/new-line-cinemas-fruit-ninja-movie

New Line Cinemas has snapped up the rights to turn the mobile game — which lets its users slice fruit in half with a swipe of the finger — into a film. J.P. Lavin and Chad Damiani will write the script, which The Hollywood Reporter says will “revolve around a team of misfits who are recruited to become Fruit Ninjas in order to save the world.”

Expect plenty of fruit juice merchandising tie-ins when this eventually hits theaters.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

One of my favourite intellecual minds discusses the possibility of AI.

Truly frightening. Need to get my mind off of this.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Origami - 30 September 2016 09:59 PM

Yes. Over 14 years ago, I came across a list of ten things that would pose a danger to mankind in the long run. I posted it at another forum and nobody believed number one would actually become a threat: AI. Climate change, yes. Nuclear bomb, yes. Artificial Intelligence? No way.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

For metal fans, gamers or not, get the album show your love for Mickgordon.
I am just promoting his talent, he started his career with me , he didnt left industry i did and he rocked it up to the top.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

If you think that’s scary, then consider some of the things that the movie Ex Machina touched upon.

An AI would have access to all computer data currently available on the planet, which includes all facial recognition technology, Google search histories, etc.
It would be able to detect emotions on our faces that we can’t register ourselves, so it would be the perfect lie detector. And it would have an image of us that is based on what it can find in our search patterns: mostly self-centered and shallow.
With that opinion of us, and with capabilities that will far exceed our own, think how long we’ll last.

No amount of Asimov’s laws are going to save us.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2016 03:17 PM

If you think that’s scary, then consider some of the things that the movie Ex Machina touched upon.

An AI would have access to all computer data currently available on the planet, which includes all facial recognition technology, Google search histories, etc.
It would be able to detect emotions on our faces that we can’t register ourselves, so it would be the perfect lie detector. And it would have an image of us that is based on what it can find in our search patterns: mostly self-centered and shallow.
With that opinion of us, and with capabilities that will far exceed our own, think how long we’ll last.

No amount of Asimov’s laws are going to save us.

So how frightened are you?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 01 October 2016 03:22 PM

Not at all.
You can’t really live in fear of something that might very well not happen in your lifetime. Raising awareness is for now the only thing you can do, and even that is pretty futile, so don’t worry about it. Yet.

When we approach the singularity, THEN you can get frightened. Or your kids or grandkids can.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2016 03:17 PM

I find the scenarios Harris talks about much more scary. And more likely. It’s not about us as individuals. 

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2016 03:53 PM

Not at all.
You can’t really live in fear of something that might very well not happen in your lifetime.

You’re being very optimistic. It will probably not happen in my lifetime, but I’m certain it will in yours.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

-deleted

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Karlok - 01 October 2016 04:26 PM
TimovieMan - 01 October 2016 03:53 PM

Not at all.
You can’t really live in fear of something that might very well not happen in your lifetime.

You’re being very optimistic. It will probably not happen in my lifetime, but I’m certain it will in yours.

There is no certain guarantee though. There are different schools on the subject that claim Super AI is impossible for different reasons.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Origami - 01 October 2016 04:29 PM

There is no certain guarantee though. There are different schools on the subject that claim Super AI is impossible for different reasons.

For what reasons? Why would it be impossible to get from the current ANI to AGI? Once AI has reached AGI we won’t know what hit us.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sam Harris another Jew in the media like Maher, Rubin etc. now channeling fear mongering narrative with AIs after Muslims.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Karlok - 01 October 2016 04:47 PM
Origami - 01 October 2016 04:29 PM

For what reasons? Why would it be impossible to get from the current ANI to AGI? Once AI has reached AGI we won’t know what hit us.

From what I understand the only thing we are succeeding at currently is processing power(able to do more tasks at a faster pace). But computers haven’t come closer to being ‘smarter’. Also, the human brain is one of the most complex things in the universe and scientists are nowhere close to understanding it. Understanding that first is key in developing genuine AI.

nomadsoul - 02 October 2016 03:44 AM

Sam Harris another Jew in the media like Maher, Rubin etc. now channeling fear mongering narrative with AIs after Muslims.

lol.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Moreover genetic driven bio virus like FoxDie is more scary.
It can wipe out entire race in a matter of days without alarming.
Alternatively a virus can destroy AI too.
A virus can turn Jewish AI into African AI.
AI changing race and religion, new era of consciousness, Skynet was nothing.

Its all about virus.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top