• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #4: Anchorhead

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Can we maybe talk to the barman at least?
> talk to barman

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>talk to barman
You can’t see any such thing.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just not our kind of place?

>buy drink
>s
>nw (It think we have not seen this one)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>buy drink
Regrettably impossible; you left both your purse and your wallet in the car. You’re loving this town more every minute.

>s
As you make your way to the door, your foot strikes something under one of the tables.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

uuuhhhhh

>look under the table
>x “thing under the table”
>get “thing under the table”

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>l under table
Some forgetful soul has left a flask underneath one of the tables, pushed into a shadowy corner.

>x flask
The label is faded and mostly peeled away, but what little you can make out seems to indicate that this is not a particularly distinguished brand of spirits. The words “bootleg” and “rotgut” come to mind, probably because they are the only words legible on what’s left of the label.

>get it
Taken.

>s
The rain is still coming down, so you open your umbrella.

Narrow Street
As the lane winds along from east to west, it narrows until the steep, jagged rooftops on either side of the street practically touch each other. To the south, a side street leads across Whateley Bridge toward the center of town, and a twisting lane leads up a hill to the northwest. A short flight of steps to the north leads down to the local watering hole.

>nw

Twisting Lane
The lane narrows here to little more than a badly cobbled sidewalk as it wends its way up through a series of tortuous bends and switchbacks. In some places, the street is so steep that steps have been cut into it, worn down over the years and slick with moss. Your progress is blocked at the top of the street by a blank brick wall.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>x wall
>se
>w

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Slowly catching up to the thread, but nowhere near page 5 yet.

I have to say, though:

Karlok - 26 September 2016 03:48 PM

I was afraid someone would start with ABOUT…

Holy verbosity, Batman! Gasp

If you’re at a loss for what to do next, wander around to the places you’ve already been—they may have changed since the last time you visited.

Uh-oh… Frown

Tragically, there are ways of trapping yourself in an unwinnable situation in this game, and although I’ve tried to provide enough clues to let you know when you’ve missed something, it won’t always be obvious when you do.

Uh-oh… Frown

At least he’s upfront about it, though. Smile

Karlok - 26 September 2016 04:05 PM

beta-testers: David Gilbert

Of Wadjet Eye fame?

Thanks to Andrew Plotkin for helping me streamline the code.

There’s a name I like seeing. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x wall
It’s just an ordinary-looking brick wall.

>se
You take a few tentative steps back down the lane, but it seems to lead only to a short switchback, bringing you right back to the brick wall. You’re not entirely sure now, which direction leads back to the narrow street.

>w
You take a few tentative steps back down the lane, but it seems to lead only to a short switchback, bringing you right back to the brick wall. You’re not entirely sure now, which direction leads back to the narrow street.

Hehehe…
Don’t worry, there’s a way out. It just isn’t se. Or w.
Evil cackle.  Sarcastic

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 28 September 2016 05:03 PM
Karlok - 26 September 2016 03:48 PM

If you’re at a loss for what to do next, wander around to the places you’ve already been—they may have changed since the last time you visited.

Uh-oh… Frown

I don’t remember it as a uh-oh type of bad. There are four days and things may change from one day to the next. Like the Asylum is closed now, but it may be accessible tomorrow.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 28 September 2016 05:13 PM

I don’t remember it as a uh-oh type of bad. There are four days and things may change from one day to the next. Like the Asylum is closed now, but it may be accessible tomorrow.

Ah, so it’s not a “random trigger reveals new hotspot in previously cleared area” type of horrible game design, then. I misinterpreted.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

lol, we’re lost

>n
>nw
>e
>sw
>ne
>s

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>sw

Narrow Street
As the lane winds along from east to west, it narrows until the steep, jagged rooftops on either side of the street practically touch each other. To the south, a side street leads across Whateley Bridge toward the center of town, and a twisting lane leads up a hill to the northwest. A short flight of steps to the north leads down to the local watering hole.

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

ok! I think west is the one missing now

>w

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>w

Junction
To the north, a gap in the crowded press of gloomy buildings opens onto a country lane, heading out over a grassy heath. The main street continues to the east, while to the northwest, over the top of a steep rise, you can just make out the vaulted rooftops of the university.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top