• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I hope the episodes will be released reasonably closed to each other. That way, I could play them as they come out. Just like Tales of Monkey Island, which had a release schedule announced in advance. And because of that, it remains the only episodic series I have ever played “live”. I have fond memories of it. I remember the excitement as I was counting the days to the next episode.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Jade - 23 June 2015 03:42 PM

I hope the episodes will be released reasonably closed to each other. That way, I could play them as they come out. Just like Tales of Monkey Island, which had a release schedule announced in advance. And because of that, it remains the only episodic series I have ever played “live”. I have fond memories of it. I remember the excitement as I was counting the days to the next episode.

JG: Do you have a release timeframe or schedule down?

Matt Korba: Yeah, we’re not announcing it yet. We are already working on Chapter 2. This one is basically done and we are working on some finishing touches on it. You’re not going to have to wait a long time.

JG: You aren’t going to have to wait a year or something like that?

Matt Korba: I mean, this is our first game that we have done like this, but you aren’t going to be waiting a year at all. It is going to get crazy, but you won’t be waiting a year. Especially for this game, because there is so much detail in it, you don’t want it to be like Battlestar Galactica where you forgot everything by the time the new season came out. That’s why they did the “Last time on Battlestar Galactica…” and it was like ten minutes long. We will probably need to do a little bit of that, like “Last time on King’s Quest,” but the schedule we are currently rolling with is one that everyone who likes the game will be very happy with. We are definitely a small group and shipping on five platforms is ridiculous for us.

http://blog.extra-life.org/2015/06/preview-passing-kings-quest-to-a-new-generation.html

The summary from this preview/interview:

“In the current Telltale-dominated adventure genre, King’s Quest seems like a course correction. As amazing as Telltale’s games can be, they often rely entirely on the strength of their stories and lack engaging gameplay. King’s Quest seems like a perfect blend of Telltale’s modern narrative sensibilities with the problem solving and hijinks of the adventure games popularized by Sierra. As opposed to the grim Walking Dead or violent Game of Thrones, King’s Quest stands alone as one of the few high-profile adventure games that families can enjoy. It is that family story that can be discussed around the dinner table or watercooler. And I think that is all kinds of wonderful.”

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Thanks, Dance Magic Dance! Matt Korba’s answers pretty much cleared out all the questions I had. That’s a great interview. I’m really excited about this one!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dance Magic Dance - 24 June 2015 10:56 PM

“In the current Telltale-dominated adventure genre, King’s Quest seems like a course correction. As amazing as Telltale’s games can be, they often rely entirely on the strength of their stories and lack engaging gameplay. King’s Quest seems like a perfect blend of Telltale’s modern narrative sensibilities with the problem solving and hijinks of the adventure games popularized by Sierra..”

strong words, but seems for me like nothing but some good promoting words, i will only have to wait and see how the odd Sierra invaders will come out with a product that saves the company (name) face.

i know this thread was made to remark potive comments as possible, but just bringing ttg into this, is too odd with Sierra history, and takes out a lot of Sierra well preserved credits, wether they are being lead by the gentlemen or the cowardboys.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Advie - 24 June 2015 11:52 PM
Dance Magic Dance - 24 June 2015 10:56 PM

“In the current Telltale-dominated adventure genre, King’s Quest seems like a course correction. As amazing as Telltale’s games can be, they often rely entirely on the strength of their stories and lack engaging gameplay. King’s Quest seems like a perfect blend of Telltale’s modern narrative sensibilities with the problem solving and hijinks of the adventure games popularized by Sierra..”

strong words, but seems for me like nothing but some good promoting words, i will only have to wait and see how the odd Sierra invaders will come out with a product that saves the company (name) face.

i know this thread was made to remark potive comments as possible, but just bringing ttg into this, is too odd with Sierra history, and takes out a lot of Sierra well preserved credits, wether they are being lead by the gentlemen or the cowardboys.

The comment about TT was written by the interviewer at the end of the interview based on his impressions, not by someone associated with Sierra.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

uh haa,  it just made my blood go wild (the comparison), thanks DMD, for clarifying,  but the interviewer didnt make the interview anygood with that last part

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Complete collection trailer

The first chapter of King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember will be available in North America on July 28 for PS4, PS3, and PC. On Xbox One and Xbox 360, it will be available on July 29. The game is developed by The Odd Gentlemen and published by Sierra Entertainment (Activision).

This first chapter will cost $10. In addition, King’s Quest: The Complete Collection (Season pass) is a bundle of all five chapters costs $40.

They will deliver Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 04:12 PM

Complete collection trailer

The first chapter of King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember will be available in North America on July 28 for PS4, PS3, and PC. On Xbox One and Xbox 360, it will be available on July 29. The game is developed by The Odd Gentlemen and published by Sierra Entertainment (Activision).

This first chapter will cost $10. In addition, King’s Quest: The Complete Collection (Season pass) is a bundle of all five chapters costs $40.

They will deliver Grin

I think so to. Also great voice acting.

Pre-order is up on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/345390/

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Nice, at 1:06 the trailer seems to briefly reference the fanfare from King’s Quest V.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

$40 is a little bit pricey compared to the $24.99 that Telltale charges. Hopefully, there is enough gametime to justify the price.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2015 11:14 PM

$40 is a little bit pricey compared to the $24.99 that Telltale charges. Hopefully, there is enough gametime to justify the price.

I think this is best is the best looking 3D AG right now, sans claybeauty Armikrog.
Animations and art rendering is way better than TTG imho.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Lots of things look promising. Moderately hopeful about this.

(Still, I don’t like that they seem to have basically turned Graham into Guybrush. That’s not at all who he is. Meh )

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2015 11:14 PM

It is indeed. Though I’m sure they defend that by claiming a more AAA production, at least compared to the cheaper adventure games. But yes, compared to Telltale this seems rather steep.

But I’ve learned that with these episodic games I tend to wait until they are all released before I play, so I imagine that the game will be on sale before all episodes are released and I’ll be able to get this at less than half the price.

In hindsight, if I look at some of the games I’ve backed at the somewhat full-price level, like Broken Age, Broken Sword and Dreamfall chapters…I haven’t started them even yet, save for Broken Sword. I could have gotten them all at fraction prices by now Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 11:53 PM

I think this is best is the best looking 3D AG right now, sans claybeauty Armikrog.
Animations and art rendering is way better than TTG imho.

Yeah, this does scream AAA to me more than Telltale titles do for an example. I’m guessing this does have bigger budget as well, considering the voice cast and all.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I… I, um… Gosh, this is hard for me. I… I pre-ordered the game. But hold on before you damn me to Hell! I mean, it’s King’s Quest! KING’S QUEST!!!!!!!

How are King’s Quest fans supposed to NOT pre-order, anyway? Seriously!

Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top