• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 June 2015 01:03 PM

I think Rocksteady is not at fault here, the bad port was done by a third-party - Iron Galaxy.

I think you should wonder why Rocksteady didn’t bother with THE PC version, if PC is The shit and that important??
And people say i am doing political spins, my spins are or ain’t gonna motivate Developers OR Customers,

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batman_arkham_knight/news/batman_arkham_knight_becomes_the_fastest-selling_game_of_2015.html

PS4 also secured two-thirds of the game’s sales, with 67 per cent of copies sold on Sony’s console and 33 per cent on Xbox One.

DyingLight, MKX, Witcher3, Batman and counting.

Don’t make me say it again, Sony doesn’t need Exclusives this gen by the looks of it.
Grin

Though i am expecting FO4 to break this trend of PS4 leading in sales but lets see.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 08:13 AM

I think you should wonder why Rocksteady didn’t bother with THE PC version, if PC is The shit and that important??
And people say i am doing political spins, my spins are or ain’t gonna motivate Developers OR Customers,

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batman_arkham_knight/news/batman_arkham_knight_becomes_the_fastest-selling_game_of_2015.html

PS4 also secured two-thirds of the game’s sales, with 67 per cent of copies sold on Sony’s console and 33 per cent on Xbox One.

Don’t make me say it again, Sony doesn’t need Exclusives this gen by the looks of it.
Grin

Though i am expecting FO4 to break this trend of PS4 leading in sales but lets see.

Just because there it’s not the best sold version doesn’t mean there isn’t interest. Witcher 3 sold 1,2 million copies of the total 4 million on PC. That is a pretty big share. Skyrim also has 10 million players on Steam, etc.
The fact is good ports should and are rewarded with better sales. A good PC version is always technically better than the console versions. That said, I think if a publisher doesn’t have interest on doing a decent PC version might as well don’t release at all instead of ripping of players. Stuff like Arkham Knight is shameful. And Rocksteady are working on fixing the PC version so they have interest on saving face at least.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 30 June 2015 09:39 AM

Grin

Just because there it’s not the best sold version doesn’t mean there isn’t interest. Witcher 3 sold 1,2 million copies of the total 4 million on PC. That is a pretty big share. Skyrim also has 10 million players on Steam, etc.
The fact is good ports should and are rewarded with better sales. A good PC version is always technically better than the console versions. That said, I think if a publisher doesn’t have interest on doing a decent PC version might as well sdon’t release at all instead of ripping of players. Stuff like Arkham Knight is shameful. And Rocksteady are working on fixing the PC version so they have interest on saving face at least.

Witcher was a PC franchise, and got low response comparatively, and your expensive PC rig cannot run Batman close to Console for now.
I wasnt saying interest isnt there, i was saying priority of interest aint there, not highest priority by Devs or customers.
You know why you have to opt for ps4 ver of Destiny?
Because Activision dont give a damn to PC.
Ps4 will steal your attention this fall again with TakenKing. Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I think Rocksteady is not at fault here, the bad port was done by a third-party - Iron Galaxy.

I don’t think you can blame Rocksteady for this. Batman is WB’s property not Rocksteady, and it is their job to ensure that either Rocksteady builds it, or that they entrust it to a decent porting company. To also prove how seriously developers take PC now like Wilco said, WB suspended PC sales and pulled Arkham Knight from retail stores till they can fix all the issues:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/25/warner-bros-suspends-pc-sales-of-batman-arkham-knight-retail-stores-pulling-it-from-shelves/

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2015 12:15 PM

I don’t think you can blame Rocksteady for this. Batman is WB’s property not Rocksteady, and it is their job to ensure that either Rocksteady builds it, or that they entrust it to a decent porting company. To also prove how seriously developers take PC now like Wilco said, WB suspended PC sales and pulled Arkham Knight from retail stores till they can fix all the issues:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/25/warner-bros-suspends-pc-sales-of-batman-arkham-knight-retail-stores-pulling-it-from-shelves/

Thats aftermath of shitstorm caused on social media by PC enthusiasts.
After getting short end of the stick and imo damage is already done.
You should check WB first PR piece. Wink

This one wont bode well for Wilco,

Ubisoft has just revealed – via its latest livestream – that the next Assassin’s Creed game will be delayed on the PC. While the current-gen console versions of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will be coming on October 23rd, the PC version will be released afterwards (and there is currently no ETA other than a vague “Autumn 2015? date).

Not to mention Ubisoft outsourced PC ports to Ukranian and other Studios, luckily they managed to do better job against Iron Galaxy.
Grin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 01:32 PM

Ubisoft has just revealed – via its latest livestream – that the next Assassin’s Creed game will be delayed on the PC. While the current-gen console versions of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will be coming on October 23rd, the PC version will be released afterwards (and there is currently no ETA other than a vague “Autumn 2015? date).

Not to mention Ubisoft outsourced PC ports to Ukranian and other Studios, luckily they managed to do better job against Iron Galaxy.
Grin

There’s a reason I never played an Assassin Creed on PC, I always go with consoles with that one. Ubi always delivers a bad late port in that franchise. Some stuff I prefer on PC, others on consoles.

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 12:11 PM

At least Activision/Bungie don’t pretend they care, better to not release instead of not delivering a solid game. CoD community on PC is dying because each release keeps getting worse.

Actually, Activision cares a lot about PC. In their Blizzard branch Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 30 June 2015 02:26 PM
nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 01:32 PM

Grin

There’s a reason I never played an Assassin Creed on PC, I always go with consoles with that one. Ubi always delivers a bad late port in that franchise. Some stuff I prefer on PC, others on consoles.

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 12:11 PM

At least Activision/Bungie don’t pretend they care, better to not release instead of not delivering a solid game. CoD community on PC is dying because each release keeps getting worse.

Actually, Activision cares a lot about PC. In their Blizzard branch Smile

There is a reason why i didnt mention Activision Blizzard Grin

So WB , Ubi, Activision, R* out. Who is left?
Bethesda and Take2 Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

All I know is Steam refunds couldn’t have come at a better time for those who bought it. Okay, maybe last year with Assassins Creed number 300005 and all its glorious bugs, but hey. WB must of lost money with steam taking their cut on each sale then having to refund it, right?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 04:01 PM

So WB , Ubi, Activision, R* out. Who is left?
Bethesda and Take2 Smile

EA does solid work, specially Bioware - Dragon Age and Mass Effect had better versions on PC. They get some bad reputation but it’s mostly by Steam fanatics because their store and games are mostly solid now.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 30 June 2015 04:30 PM

All I know is Steam refunds couldn’t have come at a better time for those who bought it. Okay, maybe last year with Assassins Creed number 300005 and all its glorious bugs, but hey. WB must of lost money with steam taking their cut on each sale right then having to refund it, right?

Its more like whatever they can scavenge from pirate land, i think its that mentality.
Hence the discounts, late releases, third party cheap ports, low opportunity costs etc.
All these measures including steam refunds are incentive for customers to get rid of pirate behavior, while still making profit in dimes nd nickles.
I believe the total sales of W3 on PC including pirates would be close to or more than PS4.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 30 June 2015 07:14 PM

EA does solid work, specially Bioware - Dragon Age and Mass Effect had better versions on PC. They get some bad reputation but it’s mostly by Steam fanatics because their store and games are mostly solid now. because they’re the worst overpricers of DLC and always have DLC for you to buy on launch day. Their games are 60% of the full edition, and to get 100% it’ll cost you triple.

FYP. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2015 06:45 AM
wilco - 30 June 2015 07:14 PM

EA does solid work, specially Bioware - Dragon Age and Mass Effect had better versions on PC. They get some bad reputation but it’s mostly by Steam fanatics because their store and games are mostly solid now. because they’re the worst overpricers of DLC and always have DLC for you to buy on launch day. Their games are 60% of the full edition, and to get 100% it’ll cost you triple.

FYP. Grin

Well, that is totally true and deserved!
I was talking about the Origin store and PC versions. One interesting thing is that they had the refund system for ages now.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Have they? I didn’t know that…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Does-Something-Right-Origin-Offers-24-Hour-Refund-Option-58461.html

Article is 2 years old. Wasn’t much publicized at the time. Not sure how well it worked

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Huh. And there’s me wondering how they’ll try and get round Steams new policy by only offering their games on their services or something. I wonder how many have returned Battlefield, as many consider the last in beta still…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top