• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 28 September 2016 11:38 AM
wilco - 28 September 2016 04:25 AM

That doesn’t make sense. You don’t bench the teams top scorer. Rooney is not scoring more than 50 goals a season! And it’s not because he just shoots a lot, if it was that easy…

50 goals per season yet Real has been so unsuccessful in recent years.
Says a lot about how meaningful they are. Scoring super hattricks in games that end up 7+ - 0

The three keys with his goal stats are the sheer amount of minutes he plays , all the Penaldos he gets and the fact he gets about 10 chances every game.

But yes, as a Barcelona fan I wouldn’t want to see Ronaldo benched as well. By all means have him play every match, have him win the golden boot but continue not to break open important games.

I wouldn’t say 2 Champions league in the last 3 years is unsuccessful. Ronaldo best scorer in the last 4 editions of the Champions but I’m sure they were all easy goals and penalties, Champions is full of easy teams… Just look at this year, an “easy” goal at 89th minute to turn a game around and the first goal against that “terrible” team Borussia Dortmund.
Messi is only scores very important goals in difficult games against the great Celtic

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I would say that if you look at how the second champions league victory came to be(first one will not take anything away from that, Real Madrid was strong that year and fully deserved the CL) and Real only won 1 liga title in 7 years, 2 times Copa del Rey in 23 years it’s hard to consider the royal club succesful.

Also I provided you a chart that shows how much more important Messi is. And that only shows he is a more important goal scorer. Nevermind the succesful dribbles, chances created etc.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 28 September 2016 01:13 PM

Real only won 1 liga title in 7 years

The master Smile

I totally agree that despite their CM wins, Barcelona has been the strongest team in the last decade. I think the problem with RM is Florentino Pérez and his policy of buying star in top of star regardless of what they need…

Edit: On the other hand Barcelona has a system so well established that even a coach like Luis Enrique can win titles

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 28 September 2016 01:23 PM

Edit: On the other hand Barcelona has a system so well established that even a coach like Luis Enrique can win titles

Yep that’s Barca’s strength, their clear philosophy. On the other hand almost every team knows how to play against Barcelona.

Regarding Luis Enrique, he deserves a lot of credit though. Barca was running dry during Martino’s season and didn’t seem to have a plan B.
Has given Barcelona a much more versatile attacking plan. Also decent player signing policy(although I am never sure how much of a saying the coach has into that matter) since a lot of signings seemed dubious at first but turned to have a integral part in winning the prizes. Even Arda is doing amazing this season.

Also allowed Sergi Roberto and Rafinha to bloom and has developed the former into a RB(which wasnt his initial position) where he is playing amazingly. Owh and Munir.

And that Mourinho gif always makes me lol. I like him honestly. Wish he would allow youngsters to play more instead of aggressive buying. But I hope he does a decent job at Man United. I think Pep will take it though this season.

Anyway, Barca is currently playing @*#& against Gladbach.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

just to reveal my direction i am a huge fan of Mourinho, wherever he goes i follow and the team he coaches become my thing, from Porto to Chelsea to Inter (the best season he gave), to Madrid , to Chelsea(the worst season) to Man U. .. Aye the MASTER.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Polarizing, isn’t he? Tongue

I’m in the hate camp. Worst “top” manager ever. Takes the world’s most offensively capable team and plays defensively against all decent opponents. Buys loads of promising youngsters only to bench them for a full season, halting their progress until they go to another team and shine again. And the constant arrogance…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

totally agree that despite their CM wins, Barcelona has been the strongest team in the last decade. I think the problem with RM is Florentino Pérez and his policy of buying star in top of star regardless of what they need…

I forgot to address this but you are right. Not only Perez but I think the overall club culture is slightly detrimental.

In the recent book written by a friend and about Mourinho an anecdote is given where Mourinho told him that only two players showed up for Essien’s birthday party and that he had to comfort him. He further said that Real is a very political and cold club, also that Real is a business club instead of a family one.

Now, the skeptic that I am will consider the possibility that this all could be fabricated by the writer. But ironically, these are exactly the words I have used when describing my impresson of Real Madrid to others.

A saying that always appealed to me ever since I was little is ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’. To me Real Madrid represents the sword and Barcelona the pen, if you will.

Mourinho supposedly also has a bad relationship with Ronaldo. Probably because he always thought Messi was the better player.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Amazing game by Ter Stegen yesterday, really helped Celta and Madrid teams Smile, maybe Bravo shouldn’t have left
Real Madrid also played terribly, I can see Atletico winning this year, Simeone is still the boss.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 03 October 2016 07:20 AM

Amazing game by Ter Stegen yesterday, really helped Celta and Madrid teams Smile, maybe Bravo shouldn’t have left
Real Madrid also played terribly, I can see Atletico winning this year, Simeone is still the boss.

It was a hideous game from Barca. Enrique wanted to rotate and experiment in an important match again. But apparently Rakitic is injured so it makes a little more sense why he picked that midfield. But still should have had Iniesta play and Arda up front and Rafinha in the middle.

Busquets is working on his worst spell ever, probably because of the baby lol.

Ter Stegen *facepalm*. But Bravo wanted to go himself. So him staying wasn’t really an option.

We really need Messi. Neymar isn’t stepping up like last year and Suarez wastes every opportunity. It’s both sad and inspiring to see that one man can make so much difference for a team.

I think Barca will still take it this year. It’s still really early. The league lasts 38 games and only 7 have been played thus far. Back in 2005/2006(I think) Barca at this point was trailing 10 points or so behind Real and they still won it. lol anything can happen.

Also some gratutious RMadrid hating:
-Zidane exposed
-Where was Ronaldo part. XXX

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 03 October 2016 07:54 AM
wilco - 03 October 2016 07:20 AM

It was a hideous game from Barca. Enrique wanted to rotate and experiment in an important match again. But apparently Rakitic is injured so it makes a little more sense why he picked that midfield. But still should have had Iniesta play and Arda up front and Rafinha in the middle.

Busquets is working on his worst spell ever, probably because of the baby lol.

Ter Stegen *facepalm*. But Bravo wanted to go himself. So him staying wasn’t really an option.

I think Barca will still take it this year.

Didn’t know Bravo wanted to go, the rest defense also is struggling. Suarez seems to need Messi around to score more do they’ll come around.
I saw the second hald of the Real game and it was terrible, they couldn’t create a single chance.
Atletico seems fine, as long as they don’t need to score penalties Smile they seem traumatized by last years Champions League final

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I have appended some things to the post you quoted.

-Atletico seems fine but I expect Barca to win over them at Camp Nou and probably draw vs Real one game. Their defence is truly uncanny, possibly the best ever. I really like Atletico even if they play dirty from time to time. And if Barca doesn’t take it all the success to them. But I think Atletico will still have their dip somewhere in the season just like Barca does now. It usually happens.

-Barca’s main concern isn’t directly the defence. Our midfield got run over. We have a good enough defence with Pique + Masch or Pique + Umtiti. Why Mathieu was playing over Mascherano is beyond me.
Busquets needs to get back at his level, Barca should field their best midfields the coming games meaning at least Iniesta is playing and Rakitic when needed. Heck, maybe even put Masch in place of Busquets. Anyway having Rafinha/Arda and Gomes is not good enough next to a bad form Busquets.

You’re right about Suarez seemingly needing Messi. That’s what it looks like. It’s a waste though, because last season Neymar and Suarez together were carrying Barca when Messi wasn’t there. But again, for that to happen again they need a Neymar that’s up to his game.

EDIT: Just found out Raki is injured so explains why he wasn’t playing.

-Regarding Real match: I already stated it after Borussia game: Team lacks creativity and looks uninspired. They need Marcelo and Modric quickly(although Modric wasn’t playing well in the Borussia game either). Benzema is out of shape and Morata is more concerned with diving(he will need some time to adapt probably).

Owh also…they don’t seem to have a plan B. That’s why I said ‘Zidane exposed’. His tactical skills will be tested now, but unfortunately he lacks experience.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ronaldo still hasn’t started the season Smile, It’s probably time to give awards to other player besides Ronaldo and Messi, probably Griezmann

Zidane is probably more of a motivational speaker, doesn’t really seem to have a lot of solutions, I think it’s the same problem with Enrique.

Btw, What do you think of Andre Gomes? Kind of crazy his ascension, he did an ok season at Benfica and suddenly Valencia was paying a lot of money to get him (but I thought it was the work of Jorge Mendes…), I think he did ok there, average at the Euro but I was surprised with the money barça paid to get him.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

To be quite honest don’t know Andre Gomes too well.

I think he can make it at Barca based on what he has shown there so far. Solid foundations and versatile(seems to be able to play as DM, CM, AM). In my impression he is showing gradual improvement. His positional play not up to snuff yet but will only improve as he gets used to the system.

In short, seems like a decent signing so far. Far better than Paco Alcacer at least
But right now we suffer from a somewhat unbalanced midfield.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

He’s back! Proving all the haters wrong!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 07 October 2016 05:38 PM

He’s back! Proving all the haters wrong!

Ahah, I knew this was coming.

The Andorra match was ridiculous. Don’t know what’s the point of these games and international breaks. Andorra had 2 players red carded and could had more if ref wanted…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top