• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 1641

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

wilco - 30 July 2015 03:00 PM
Jdawg445 - 30 July 2015 02:53 PM

thank yall for the response to be honest I was always more of a space quest/quest for glory fan than king’s quest. the only one I played to completion was the one with cedric the owl, and your family was taken by a wizard. the game was charming in spots and totally random in others,in a not so good way. what is the puzzle difficulty like what a 3 or 4 outta 10 for reference I found the book of unwritten tales and broken sword 5 to be pretty easy minus the final real puzzle in bs5

I think it’s easier than BoUT and BS5. And of course much much easier than KQ5. I also think this one has more comedy than the other KQ games although fairy tale tone is the same.

About the controls I played with mouse+keyboard no problem but I think it should adapt well to a controller.

wilco you are the man thanks for the quick replies, is the one im talking about kings quest 5 honestly I dont remember. I like the tone of that game, the voice acting was not so good but for the time it was not horrible. I felt like the pacing was off a lot though and they tried to cram one too many fairy tale tropes in there without humor. but the only thing I really hated about that game was the desert maze. I hate mazes and is one of the reasons I have not bought telsa effect yet.

side note some have described the new king’s quest game like an homage to the princess bride, would you say that is correct bc that is in my top 20 of movies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jdawg445 - 30 July 2015 03:06 PM

wilco you are the man thanks for the quick replies, is the one im talking about kings quest 5 honestly I dont remember. I like the tone of that game, the voice acting was not so good but for the time it was not horrible. I felt like the pacing was off a lot though and they tried to cram one too many fairy tale tropes in there without humor. but the only thing I really hated about that game was the desert maze. I hate mazes and is one of the reasons I have not bought telsa effect yet.

side note some have described the new king’s quest game like an homage to the princess bride, would you say that is correct bc that is in my top 20 of movies.

Yes, the one you described is KQ5 (don’t get me started on how much I disliked some aspects of that game - like that maze… it’s here somewhere in the forums).

About the Princess Bride I would say yes because of the narrative is told and because it has Wallace Shawn Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

thank you wilco, I will def try the new game sometime this weekend and post my thoughts. I know folks are saying on the console versions there is terrible screen tearing and long load times how is it on PC.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

it runs perfectly fine for me on pc. And i definitely recommend using a controller with pc too.
(if you do get screen tearing with pc for some reason, youv got a variety of options, the easiest being: make sure vsync is on.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jdawg445 - 30 July 2015 03:18 PM

thank you wilco, I will def try the new game sometime this weekend and post my thoughts. I know folks are saying on the console versions there is terrible screen tearing and long load times how is it on PC.

Works great in mine. No noticeable loadings

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

im downloading it now based off yall’s recommendation. I will prob make a new topic and will discuss the game each time I stop playing it. I heard its between 6 and 8 hrs so prob take me three times to beat it. being a father and husband is busy, plus im going to falcons training camp tomorrow.

I hope I really enjoy it as much as most of yall. After I beat this I got to get back to dragon age 2, the game has been easy until I got to one really hard boss.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 30 July 2015 03:15 PM

About the Princess Bride I would yes because of the narrative is told and because it has Wallace Shawn Smile

Inconceivable!

Grin

I couldn’t resist. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

this may sound dumb, but i liked this episode soo much, im considering emailing the devs to express my thanks and also implore them to not listen to the negative reviews and keep up the awesome work, theyr doing KQ proud.
I mean, i agree the difficulty being higher would be good… but its totally fine the way it is. It was fun. Iv heard people in other places complaining about the price… well if you only paid $10 for this episode youd certainly get your moneys worth.. just imagine if there were 4 more episodes and an epilogue that were this good.

*(please sell well… no whammys…..)* Tongue

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Jdawg445 - 30 July 2015 03:06 PM

Yes, the one you described is KQ5 (don’t get me started on how much I disliked some aspects of that game - like that maze… it’s here somewhere in the forums).

About the Princess Bride I would yes because of the narrative is told and because it has Wallace Shawn Smile

KQ5 had too many mazes above the allowed limit (which is 0 Naughty ), with the one in Mordack’s castle being the most ridiculous one in AG history. (i mean who came up with the idea to always reset the view looking north, that made the maze impossible to map)
The reviewer of RPS has a point somewhere, the original series had some serious flaws, death ends (again KQ5), invisible timers (KQ3 and 4), ridiculous copy protection disguised as puzzles (3 and 6).
But that doesn’t mean it’s a good review, somebody who does like AG’s should’ve done the review.
In retrospect such design flaws wouldn’t be acceptable today. This King’s Quest learned from all the flaws of it’s predecessors, but kept all the good things (storytelling, humour, atmosphere), which is what makes it such a great game.
I only wish they could make the cutscenes skippable and add a manual save system, i don’t get it why such basic features are missing

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn game still going on, loving the cast of characters and puzzles are great, all exploration based, and one conversation based one forced me to take process of elimination.
Anyway how to get the knock code/pass?
Also work order i got in wolves forest not working on the lady?

This is indeed a long game with lots of content overall for just 10$.

Felt bad for Achaka, quicky reloaded for other option but he still dies

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 31 July 2015 05:13 AM

Anyway how to get the knock code/pass?
Also work order i got in wolves forest not working on the lady?

I think going through the wolves cave there is pass that get you closer to the door, there you can hear the knock/pass code
The work oder is used directly in something you want to demolish

TimovieMan - 30 July 2015 08:30 PM

Inconceivable!

Grin

I couldn’t resist. Innocent

Mmm,  you keep using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it means… Smile
Had to be done

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 31 July 2015 05:26 AM

Had to be done

Of course it did. One of the most quotable films of all time. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

it blows the average episodic game straight out of the water in terms of length (and everything else too).
What i particularly like about it is to me it gets back to the root of what episodic gaming should be: a satisfying self contained story. It can really stand on its own as being a small game. Its not a 2 hour lead-in to the next episode, it is its own game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 31 July 2015 10:21 AM

it blows the average episodic game straight out of the water in terms of length (and everything else too).
What i particularly like about it is to me it gets back to the root of what episodic gaming should be: a satisfying self contained story. It can really stand on its own as being a small game. Its not a 2 hour lead-in to the next episode, it is its own game.

Yeah that’s my impression too, i think we will play his adventures set in different times, so anyone can enjoy the chunks seperately sans epilogue.
Bakery shop music is great.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Wait, so it’s not a 2 hour episode? How long does it go on for if you don’t mind me asking?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top