• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Adventure Gamers “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament

Poll: Would you like to have a group stage before direct knock-out duels?
Total Votes: 32
Group stage before the direct elimination duels
Immediately start with the knock-out rounds (128 - 64 - 32...)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The tournament has entered the stage where I’m having difficulties to vote. Every game that’s left is great and if you think about my absolute favourites, Discworld Noir doesn’t stand a chance and Gabriel Knights are against each other etc. So I’m more interested seeing what other people vote really.

These kind of tournaments are always about luck, already on knockout rounds you could see how “smaller” games had no chance getting through groups with 3 or more big favourites. There just isn’t enough votes to spread around. But as it’s been said, this isn’t supposed to give us any real ranking list. And all the games that reach the top have gone through several eliminations now and earned their status as “top adventures”, even though some other great games have unfortunately dropped.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Could it be a final face-off between Grim and Monkey 2? Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I think Grim is sure from its side of the bracket, but from the “upper” one I still see Tex as a favorite. I hope I’m wrong though Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Mr Underhill - 26 January 2015 04:27 AM

Could it be a final face-off between Grim and Monkey 2? Sealed Lips

Nope - Not a chance.

It will either be Tex or Purple Tentacle against Manny Calavera, only a sudden influx of new members with a different taste can change that. Hmm… that gave me an idea , perhaps I should tell the good people at the RTG forum about what is going on here? Nah… that would be kind of cheating… wouldn’t it?

I must confess that I’m shocked at how popular DotT seems to be, I mean who would guessed that it was actually more popular that the MI series, or most of the games that are normally considered the big classics?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

Iznogood - 26 January 2015 12:52 PM

Hmm… that gave me an idea , perhaps I should tell the good people at the RTG forum about what is going on here? Nah… that would be kind of cheating… wouldn’t it?

I restrained myself for posting about this tournament on the BFG forums for the same reason. (Although Tex is wiping the floor with Guybrush’s face anyway Tongue).

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

He he - don’t worry I won’t actually do it.
But with the relative few voters in this tournament, it wouldn’t take much to turn the whole thing upside down.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

photo 4d73eb9f-6cd3-40bf-aa41-9921edd76962_zps5e6c745b.png

Well, Tex annihilated old Guybrush in the last two rounds (unfortunately he couldn’t have a third go at him Tongue).

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So purple tentacle wins. How… disappointing

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I’m also very sad for the games that were eliminated in the Quarters and their pure brilliance doesn’t allow them to say their last words just yet. So there will be 4 more matches that will determine their placement (5th-8th place) in the tournament.
I hope this will add just a little more fun as I suspect that the semifinals (and possibly final) would be pretty one-sided.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Love the idea, Bogi! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I hate the idea - Now I have to watch TLJ being humiliated for a second time Shifty Eyed
(But apart from that it is not a bad idea)

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, I dread the idea that both The Longest Journey and Broken Sword will lose again. I mean, people, both these games are in the AG Top 5!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m looking forward to the clash between the first two Monkey Islands, and to TLJ clubbing BS over the head. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Talking about adding insult to injury Laughing

At least any of these games will be in the Top 8, so I can live with almost any ranking between 5 and 8. I’m having much more difficulty with ‘1st person’ Tex Murphy in the semi’s at this point Meh

And I’m still digesting Gabriel Knight 2 losing out in the best 16 round, but yeah….it’s pretty sour to be facing Gabriel Knight 1 at that point in the tournament.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

subbi - 02 February 2015 03:38 AM

Yes, I dread the idea that both The Longest Journey and Broken Sword will lose again. I mean, people, both these games are in the AG Top 5!!!

Come on now!!
How should I feel about Riven then?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top