• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 04 October 2014 01:59 PM

Oh dear Intense! That was a true gesture of love, cleaning up the dead snail and not telling Mrs Degree about your sufferings afterwards! I’m impressed! Grin

Me too! Dealing with dead pets is never fun but this must have been an absolute nightmare!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 11 October 2014 01:44 PM

Can’t decide whether I want to play the Longest Journey games (for the new one coming out) or the Dark Fall games (for Halloween).

Oh, and hey all! I’ve missed the forums and the people so much. Sorry I’ve drifted away so much. <3

Fantasieee!! Yay, so great that you’re back! Smile Now never leave us again Pan

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 11 October 2014 01:44 PM

Can’t decide whether I want to play the Longest Journey games (for the new one coming out) or the Dark Fall games (for Halloween).

Oh, and hey all! I’ve missed the forums and the people so much. Sorry I’ve drifted away so much. <3

They’re not as much fun without you Fantasie. *hug*

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Up! <3 I’ll probably only hang around the chit chat forum, since the only adventures I really play anymore are those I review and replaying the favorites.

tsa! <3 You’re so sweet.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 12 October 2014 01:35 PM

Up! <3 I’ll probably only hang around the chit chat forum, since the only adventures I really play anymore are those I review and replaying the favorites.

That’s cool - I mainly hang around on the Chit Chat forums, too. That’s what all the cool kids do.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

UPtimist - 13 October 2014 03:38 AM
Fantasysci5 - 12 October 2014 01:35 PM

That’s cool - I mainly hang around on the Chit Chat forums, too. That’s what all the cool kids do.

Indeed! I often check the Adventure Games section as well to see if there are any free games coming that we might cover, but to be honest I’ve had it with the lists of ‘best adventure games’ and the like. Of course there are sometimes interesting threads about current or upcoming AGs but not often do I rather come here.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hearing Louis Van Gaal speak in English (or rather: Dunglish) is just hilarious!
A couple of weeks ago he gave us the “it’s always the same song” line, and now he has given us the gem “that’s another cook” which he then corrected to “that’s another biscuit”... to the complete and utter bafflement of anyone at that press conference…

Dutch proverbs can be translated literally into English and people will know what you’re talking about, right? Right??? Shifty Eyed
And if you don’t know the translation for one of the words, just pronounce the Dutch word in English. It’ll mean the same, right? Right???

If you’re confused, Google Translate “dat is andere koek”. Then Google Translate just the word “koek”...

This is as bad as that conversation former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs Joseph Luns supposedly had with JFK about his hobbies:

I fok horses.
- Pardon?
Yes, paarden!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

UPtimist - 08 October 2014 04:37 PM

How is everyone not freaking out more about Twin Peaks? Wink

Also, woot for triple-post Tongue (or sorry!)

You know, I feel like this about the same as I feel about the prospect of GK4!

That is to say I really really want it, thought I would never get it but now it is a possibility I am worried that it won’t live up to expectations!

Even still I am definitely looking forwards to it, although having seen the way David Lynch’s films have developed since twin peaks was on TV I wonder what a new Twin Peaks could be like!!! Nothing short of brilliant I am sure! Laughing

Also Yay for TRIPAL POASTS!

Also Also Welcome back Fantasy! How’s that library doing?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 30 October 2014 07:28 AM

This is as bad as that conversation former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs Joseph Luns supposedly had with JFK about his hobbies:

I fok horses.
- Pardon?
Yes, paarden!

Paarden!

But more on topic: Lubbers’ English was also very good.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Threaterning people at night with a chainsaw is not funny. Period.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Karlok - 30 October 2014 07:03 PM

Threaterning people at night with a chainsaw is not funny. Period.

It’s never funny, and certainly not when you’re dressed up as a clown.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Plus they’re taking a risk there, what if someone got a heart attack or something. Lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Indeed, I would probably be scared to death. I hope tat ‘prank’ will never be pulled on me.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Could be worse. Much worse.

Happy Halloween, btw! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top