• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

liogm - 16 April 2014 03:01 PM

I love Broken Sword 1 and 2 but disliked BS 3 mainly because of the keyboard/gamepad controls and I never really bothered to try out 4. However, seeing that the retro stylized art is back and the way “the serpent’s curse” looks in general, I feel like I should give this one a chance. Would I be missing out on a lot jumping from the smoking mirror to this? Is the story new? Is it still worth it even if I miss out on some things? Thanks in advance!  Laughing

My opinion is that BS5 is closer to the “good old” BS1 and BS2. So, you can jump right to play BS5 and won’t miss a thing. Enjoy!

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

liogm - 16 April 2014 03:01 PM

I love Broken Sword 1 and 2 but disliked BS 3 mainly because of the keyboard/gamepad controls and I never really bothered to try out 4. However, seeing that the retro stylized art is back and the way “the serpent’s curse” looks in general, I feel like I should give this one a chance. Would I be missing out on a lot jumping from the smoking mirror to this? Is the story new? Is it still worth it even if I miss out on some things? Thanks in advance!  Laughing

You are not missing anything, the game was made with the fans of original 2D games in mind Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

great! thanks for the replies, I’m definitely gonna pick this one up.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Just started Part Two and who do we meet…? I love the ghost from the past giving me an evil stare!  Cool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The story is definetly turning more and more interesting on the second part.  I’m about 70% through at the moment (I had to replay from the beginning as I didn’t have my old save anymore) and I am very pleased how the end section seems to be turning out.

I’d estimate the second half is around 4-5 hours, so all in all BS5 seems to be pretty normal lenght for the series.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Bah. I guess I have to give in and start that BS replay session now. I never even finished the third so it’s gonna take a while.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I feel the same here. If the game can end it on the same high note it has been maintaining up till now we can officially deem this kickstarter project a success(a rare title).

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

I think of all the Kickstarter projects so far, in my opinion, this and Broken Age have been the most successful, but with BS5 more accurately capturing the tone of its classic antecedents.

It wasn’t perfect, but I’m looking forward to seeing how George and Nico’s latest Adventure plays out. Hope it delivers on the promise of the first half and ramps up the difficulty.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Loving puzzles and background art, the feeling of solving old mysteries is coming back.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

grrr im really angry. all night i’ve been trying to play part 2. i have episode 1 on my computer with my original saves. on gog.com i download the game file (it seems episode 1 and 2 has merged into one file there). I play the game and restore my save file where george and nico are escaping the fire and then after that the game ends and credits roll… no part 2. wtHELLLLL!!!! Somebody help Frown Is it my computer or is episode 2 not available for mac yet?

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

aaroncarney - 16 April 2014 10:05 PM

grrr im really angry. all night i’ve been trying to play part 2. i have episode 1 on my computer with my original saves. on gog.com i download the game file (it seems episode 1 and 2 has merged into one file there). I play the game and restore my save file where george and nico are escaping the fire and then after that the game ends and credits roll… no part 2. wtHELLLLL!!!! Somebody help Frown Is it my computer or is episode 2 not available for mac yet?

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I’ve just downloaded the update and played the tail end of part one, fully expecting to have done something wrong and for the credits to roll, but fortunately it continued. Has your computer made a second shortcut on the desktop? If so, try that one, rather than your original shortcut. Beyond that, I don’t know what to say.

Good luck!

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I now have two shortcuts on my computer. “Broken Sword 5” and “Broken Sword 5 Episode 1”, obviously using the Broken Sword 5 shortcut… I have a feeling I might need to just delete all my files and re-download the game and restart it Frown Ugh… episode 1 was a bit dull for my tastes and just wanted to play episode 2 straight away.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Uninstall the game from your computer. The uninstall wizard will ask you to keep all your save files. Obviously you click yes.

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Oh wait! I’ve just read some news hidden in the bloody gog.com forums that the mac version wont be updated until tomorrow morning! Not very clear! Why didn’t they mention this in their kick-starter update?!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Just finished it. The second part has some increase in the puzzle difficulty, so that should make some people happier. The game took about 9 hours for me, so I’d say it’s even decent length as well. It would have taken longer had I not used the hint system this time around, damn you music puzzles.

Overall, a very nice addition to the Broken Sword series and a very solid adventure game as well. I’d give it 3,5 or 4 stars out of 5 as a whole.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top