• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

No voices? It’s supposed to have Jason Mewes and Randall from Clerks doing the voices.

Guessing you watched an old trailer.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

A.A - 30 October 2014 08:33 AM

If I did, it’s GOG’s fault. They should have the latest trailer.
Actually, I watched two different trailers. No voices.

Do you have a link to a trailer with voices?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 30 October 2014 08:58 AM
A.A - 30 October 2014 08:33 AM

If I did, it’s GOG’s fault. They should have the latest trailer.
Actually, I watched two different trailers. No voices.

Do you have a link to a trailer with voices?

Come one, Karloff have faith in Daedalic, do you think they would go for publishing a game and not including voices for as much languages they can.. you should know better by now Wink

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Here’s an introduction with Jeff Anderson (the Randal guy from Clerks) including voices:

There’s exactly one ring in the game that’s important (preciousness doesn’t enter into it).

It’s not Groundhog Day (story is much more varied IMO).

Film references include Clerks, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, TLOTR, and many more (and of course loads of Star Wars/Star Trek. Some are quite funny, some less so, some are simply geeky.

Hope that helps, cheers, Dan.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 30 October 2014 12:18 PM

Come one, Karloff have faith in Daedalic, do you think they would go for publishing a game and not included voices for as much languages they can.. you should know better by now Wink

You mean Botanicula and Machinarium had voices…?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

ADan - 30 October 2014 12:25 PM

Here’s an introduction with Jeff Anderson (the Randal guy from Clerks) including voices:

Thank you. Somebody should tell GOG and Daedalic to change the old trailer.

There’s exactly one ring in the game that’s important (preciousness doesn’t enter into it).

Are you saying the guy in this screenshot is NOT referring to the precious ring in the Lord of the Rings?  Oh come on!

It’s not Groundhog Day (story is much more varied IMO).

I don’t know what the stoy is about. I was referring to the reference to Groundhog Day, Bill Murray and being stuck in time.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 30 October 2014 12:38 PM
Advie - 30 October 2014 12:18 PM

Come one, Karloff have faith in Daedalic, do you think they would go for publishing a game and not included voices for as much languages they can.. you should know better by now Wink

You mean Botanicula and Machinarium had voices…?

no comment!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie, it’s THEIR marketing problem! Why not try to see it from my point of view.

I’d never heard of Randal’s Monday before. I click on the link to GOG. I read the text and watch the trailer. No voices. Disappointing. It didn’t occur to me I’d watched an ancient trailer. The fact that Daedalic is the publisher means shit, cause they have published games without voices before.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its alright, Karlok, I still love ye Tongue ,seriously (not legs pulling or even pants)
and Daedalic is not my sister Sarcastic

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Gog or Daedalic messed up, also didn’t know it had voices. Steam page has a trailer with voices.

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

C’mon, Karlok, relax. Havin’ a bad day?

You might as well like it.

Yes, it’s full of references, yes, they might not be to your taste. It’s a full on p&c adventure. You might want to give it a try.

I’ll advise you though, that it’s extremely heavy on dialogue. And that is to say EXTREMELY heavy. Heavier than Edna and Harvey: The Breakout. That kind of heavy.

I’d like to say that it’s strange but quite refreshing.

Chill out and have a session of whatever shooter you enjoy and then come back and discuss.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I voted for A New Beginning. I really liked it when I played it a few years back mostly because it was about climate change and environmentalism and there doesn’t seem to be too many games with that theme in games. I am thinking of doing a replay soon. I have most of Daedalic’s games on Gog but I haven’t played them all yet.

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Are you saying the guy in this screenshot is NOT referring to the precious ring in the Lord of the Rings?  Oh come on!

Yes I do say so. The guy is referring to a completely different ring. Which has some resemblance to the “one” ring, i’ll admit. Alas, it’s NOT the same ring nor has it the same effect on its bearer.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

The ones I’m really looking forward to are Silence and The Devil’s Men. I was actually unaware of the later’s existence until I read this thread, so thank you thread!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

ADan - 30 October 2014 03:08 PM

C’mon, Karlok, relax. Havin’ a bad day?

and

Chill out and have a session of whatever shooter you enjoy and then come back and discuss.

Huh? No.

Let’s get something straight first. I don’t love shooters. I love Edna. I love Daedalic. I love Advie. Smile Hell, I’m sure I could love you too if I got to know you better. You’re one of their translators, right? So why don’t you tell Daedalic that their trailer gives people the wrong impression. Instead of trying to convince me I should play the game or change my view. This is about MARKETING.

ADan - 30 October 2014 03:19 PM

Yes I do say so. The guy is referring to a completely different ring. Which has some resemblance to the “one” ring, i’ll admit. Alas, it’s NOT the same ring nor has it the same effect on its bearer.

Are we having a misunderstanding about the word “reference”? It doesn’t matter that the ring in the game is completely different. The game is full of cultural references to films, culture, etcetera. You said so yourself. I read Daedalic’s description of the game and it says “...there’s that really precious engagement ring”. Precious. I watch the trailer and I see the screenshot I posted. That’s an obvious reference to the One Ring.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top