• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 15 December 2014 12:02 PM

For the record…
8 Gray Matter: Sefir (leader), wilco, Iznogood, chrissie, Becky, crabapple, Detective Mosely, Andraste
8 Freddy Pharkas: Sefir, wilco, rtrooney, Oscar, TimovieMan, crabapple, harald, Bogi

I hope there’s a better example than this one. If I recall correctly, FPFP wasn’t without people willing to lead the game. The dispute was which version of the game would we play?

Some, including me, thought that the best version was the original published on floppy discs. Others thought that the CD version would be more accessible even if it didn’t include much of the audio track.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 15 December 2014 02:14 PM
Sefir - 15 December 2014 12:02 PM

For the record…
8 Gray Matter: Sefir (leader), wilco, Iznogood, chrissie, Becky, crabapple, Detective Mosely, Andraste
8 Freddy Pharkas: Sefir, wilco, rtrooney, Oscar, TimovieMan, crabapple, harald, Bogi

I hope there’s a better example than this one. If I recall correctly, FPFP wasn’t without people willing to lead the game. The dispute was which version of the game would we play?

Some, including me, thought that the best version was the original published on floppy discs. Others thought that the CD version would be more accessible even if it didn’t include much of the audio track.

As I said, all votings are archived. You recall wrong. You were the only one with that kind of problem. Everyone else was like “It doesn’t really matter”. The sad truth was that there was no leader at the time for FPFP. Go see the discussions for yourself if you don’t believe me. It is the last voting in the archived thread (actually, the only proposal for leading FPFP was Dag, but he rejected: look for his comment on 08 June 2014 http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/92/P1245). And yes, that’s the best example.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d like to vote for E.P.I.C. Wishmaster, Nightmare Adventures: Witch’s Prison, Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest and Nearwood.

I’d be willing to lead Nightmare Adventures: Witch’s Prison, Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest or Nearwood.

If Time Dreamer is selected, I’d be willing to lead that one as well if no one else volunteers. Time Dreamer and E.P.I.C. Wishmaster are by the same developer—Tiki’s Lab. Of the two games, I think Wishmaster, which is a more recent game, is somewhat stronger overall, though both are entertaining games. On the other hand, it appears that Wishmaster may not run on Win 8, though Time Dreamer will. Is that an issue for anyone who is considering the playthrough?

I was also curious as to what people thought of playing two Hidden Object games in a series, as we did with Enigmatis. Did people enjoy playing Maple Creek, despite so many HO screens? Or would they have preferred to play Mists of Ravenwood only, with those who wished to playing Maple Creek on their own? There’s already a bit of discussion about this here.

I like the idea of starting the next playthrough after Christmas/New Year’s Day.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Becky - 15 December 2014 03:40 PM

Did people enjoy playing Maple Creek, despite so many HO screens? Or would they have preferred to play Mists of Ravenwood only, with those who wished to playing Maple Creek on their own? There’s a bit of discussion about this here.

I really liked playing Maple Creek, despite the HO screens (I tend to just blindly steamroller them once I’m fed up with them, clicking on anything that’s potentially an item). Above all, for the continuity of the story, I think that playing Maple Creek first greatly enhanced the experience of Ravenwood, particularly anything to do with the prisoner.
Without the knowledge of Maple Creek, the supernatural element of Ravenwood (and the prisoner’s entire Asmodai backstory) would’ve felt more forced.

And if we’d just gone straight to Ravenwood with those who wished to play Maple Creek on their own, I don’t think I would’ve made the deadlines.

So regarding Enigmatis, I’m a happy camper. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Becky - 15 December 2014 03:40 PM

I was also curious as to what people thought of playing two Hidden Object games in a series, as we did with Enigmatis. Did people enjoy playing Maple Creek, despite so many HO screens? Or would they have preferred to play Mists of Ravenwood only, with those who wished to playing Maple Creek on their own? There’s already a bit of discussion about this here.

I thought playing the two together worked out great and I gained a lot more insight. In spite of the far too many HO scenes in Maple Creek.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Please add a vote for me for Nightmare Adventures: Witch’s Prison. (No HO scenes in that one!)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 17 (No Change)

5 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, TimovieMan, harald, furgotten)
4 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100)
3 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel)
2 VotesNightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky-leader, furgotten)
2 Vote Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Becky-leader)
1 Vote F.A.C.E.S. (Tim-leader)
1 Vote 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan)
1 Vote Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (furgotten)
1 Vote Nearwood (Becky-leader)
Urban Legends: The Maze
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
Dreamland

Note to all - E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster is no longer available on
BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website. The Alawar site does not state whether it is playable on Win8. It’s not an issue for me.

Note to all Part Deux - Remember that we need leaders for these games. As of today seven games have leaders. Although, based on today’s vote, it would seem that four games might not need a leader

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Wow! There were a bundle of threads, some related, that pushed us off the front page. I’m not sure what is going on, but it surely looks like a playoff pool at the office. Not sure who wins what and when. But that’s beside the point.

No change in the voting. Not surprising. Perhaps since we’ve decided to start the game, whatever that game is, after January 1, there is no rush for some to submit their vote.

No problem by me. I’ll continue to post gossip until it’s time for the real vote to start.

I’m guilty! In a previous post regarding the AGCPT Sefir noted that I was the guy that wanted all people playing the same version of the same game. I thought there were a few more that supported this position. I haven’t gone back and checked. But I’ll let it go that I was the only one.

There is a carryover to the CCPT. I’ve been recommending that we all play the same version. That we all have the same access to the same content. Well, that’s the same position I took with FPFP. Except I was the guy that was promoting the version of the game that had all the content, while the other voters were voting for the “SE” version of the game.

I should be more consistent with my opinions.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 17 December 2014 08:19 PM

Wow! There were a bundle of threads, some related, that pushed us off the front page. I’m not sure what is going on, but it surely looks like a playoff pool at the office. Not sure who wins what and when. But that’s beside the point.

That’s The Big “VS - There Can Be Only One” Tournament. Don’t worry, no more than 8 threads at a time will flood the forums.

Oh, and if we’re off the first page, don’t forget our link in the Recommendations thread! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Since the Discwold AGCP is almost finished I guess it is time for me to join a Casual Playthrough. Smile
I’ll participate in any voted title (the only casuals I ever played was The Drawn series and Azada in libro…).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You can also still vote for those that look the most interesting to you. Wink

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Very well then. I’m voting for:

Time Dreamer
Depths of Betrayal
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest
F.A.C.E.S.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yea! Sefir has decided to join us! Yea! Thumbs Up

Vote tally as of December 18

5 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, TimovieMan, harald, furgotten)
5 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100, Sefir)
4 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Sefir)
3 VotesNightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky-leader, furgotten, Sefir)
3 Votes Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, Sefir)
2 Votes F.A.C.E.S. (Tim-leader, Sefir)
Dreamland

BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website. I’ve not gone through the entire download process, but it appears that the cost is minimal.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 19 (No change)

5 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100, Sefir)
4 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Sefir)
3 VotesNightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky-leader, furgotten, Sefir)
3 Votes Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, Sefir)
2 Votes F.A.C.E.S. (Tim-leader, Sefir)
Dreamland

BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website. I’ve not gone through the entire download process, but it appears that the cost is minimal. I’m no longer posting this addendum. Those that want to play Wishmaster are aware. Those that don’t, don’t care.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sefir—I’m curious as to what your impressions are of the Drawn series and Azada in Libro.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top