• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

About the new terms of use: FaceBook now has the right to use everything you post, including pictures, for use in advertisements. You will not be paid for the use of your texts and pictures. By using FaceBook you agree to these terms.
Facebook will be going to court for this because some people think it’s illegal what they do. Everything you type is automatically copyrighted an FB does not have the right to use your stuff without your consent. We will see where that goes.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

What dreadful weather we have today. Hard wind, rain, cold… Brrr.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Stay warm tsa! It’s pretty cold here in the midwest as well.

I’m replaying Dreamfall, so I can remember what happened and play Dreamfall Chapters.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m playing The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief and enjoying it! I bought it in a Humble bundle and I never thought it was this good Smile.

Nice to see you here again Katie. How’s FaceBook? Did more people leave or am I the only one?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Wow I’ve just watched the news about the Belgian actions against terrorists. Those are some seriously dangerous lunatics! Luckily no civilians and police are killed yet but the raid is still ongoing as I type this. Belgium has much more of those scary people than the Netherlands have but I do wonder how we will handle such an operation. We’ll probably see in the not too far away future.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

I am sitting here it is just 12 Noon and 13 degrees but the sun is up and it will not be to long before it will be back up in the 30’s here

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

No one else on my friends’ list left.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 15 January 2015 04:57 PM

Wow I’ve just watched the news about the Belgian actions against terrorists. Those are some seriously dangerous lunatics! Luckily no civilians and police are killed yet but the raid is still ongoing as I type this. Belgium has much more of those scary people than the Netherlands have but I do wonder how we will handle such an operation. We’ll probably see in the not too far away future.

The entire thing is overblown, imo. If it weren’t for the events in France the previous week, this would have been minor national news, not major international news.
It was a well-done anti-terrorism bust on a decent scale, and only one of the many busts turned ugly (with no casualties on the police’s side even). It’s a job well done for all the law enforcers involved, but it doesn’t mean that Belgium’s suddenly this Jihadi-infested pit…

And I absolutely hate how people are responding to this. Suddenly everyone that even *looks* like he/she might be Middle Eastern or Northern African gets mistrusted. Again. It’s sickening. Today I had a colleague warning me that “they’re everywhere” and pointing to one specific street in the nearest city (so much for “everywhere”) where “everyone’s an immigrant”. It might be true for that specific street but Lord forbid that people from the same ethnic or cultural background in a (for them) foreign country like to live close to one another. The obvious mistrust wouldn’t make them feel welcome anywhere else either.
I don’t recall people being this openly racist here in the past. I hate it. They act like every foreigner is a friggin’ terrorist.
The less than 1% bad apples are messing it up for all the others because most people here fail to see the bigger picture. And they certainly seem to forget that of the most notorious crimes in Belgium in the last 30 years (the gang of Nivelles, the CCC, Marc Dutroux, Kim De Gelder, Hans Van Themsche, etc.), every single one of the perpetrators was a white Belgian, not a muslim terrorist…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

Fantasysci5 - 16 January 2015 07:14 PM

No one else on my friends’ list left.

I’m here

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 16 January 2015 07:49 PM

I don’t recall people being this openly racist here in the past. I hate it. They act like every foreigner is a friggin’ terrorist.

Oh they are racist, you just don’t see it. Tongue I traveled to Italy a few years back, and because my friend who was with me was Indian (i.e. brown skinned), the police wanted to look at our passports when we reached Florence by train. We both have American passports by the way. The moment he saw my name (which is Arabic), he started making calls to other police officers to track where we have been. No other person on that train was being stopped and questioned. Also I am not even Muslim and my friend is Hindu. Deep down, we both don’t even care for religions.

Another thing I have been suffering from here home in the US, is that every time I travel, they “randomly” select me for pre-screening, and invasively search my bags and my wallet. It is truly sickening that we live in such times.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

just wish the weather here in England would make its minds up what it wants to do, one day its mild then like today it is -4
we are suppose to have this weather all week then it will change to mild again, i have got poppies still out in my garden, they should have died off in October and not reappear till April/May
i have also got daffodils with flowers buds on 2 months early than should be, mother nature is playing havoc with the garden and everything in it, even the hedgehog in the garden is still out and about at night, normally we do not see him after early nov but this year he is in the garden every night hunting for food
well thats my moan of the day, will not get me anywhere, just thought you might like to know and have a read

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Caution: bragging up ahead!

Had our yearly review meeting at work today, which is always followed by a group activity and dinner. We went bowling this time, and 36 people participated.

I’d been doing something of a “Babe Ruth call” all day by claiming that I’d win against the entire field at bowling.

I won against the entire field at bowling. Cool
And it wasn’t even a particularly good score that I achieved. I won the first round, and was only 8th or 9th in the second round but won overall for being most consistent. But I usually score higher. Even though it’d been two years half a year since I last played (and two years before that).

I’m really glad the upfront boasting didn’t bite me in the ass… Grin
Now I’m just claiming the bragging rights. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Wow that’s an amazing achievement Timovieman! I envy you. The last time I played was in 2000 so I’d be not as good as you I guess.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Good job timovieman!! Grin

I’ve joined the RedThreadGames forum, and seeing their commroderie just remined me of you guys. I love you guys. <3

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 24 January 2015 06:39 PM

Good job timovieman!! Grin

I’ve joined the RedThreadGames forum, and seeing their commroderie just remined me of you guys. I love you guys. <3

Oh yay! I’ve been a bit absent from there, recently, only glancing about - but it sounds like I should get back in proper if you’re there too Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top