• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 22 April 2014 11:45 AM

I recall some official forum message or such stating that Revolution is planning to go on with BASS 2, but that they have some other title as well they’re doing.

Thats Dave Gibbons project and i would love that.
His art made Watchemen and BS what they are.

And BS5 artists can easily pull of his art style under Gibbons supervision.

Either this or BASS2 = Win Win situation

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone else had problems with this part:

Am I wrong, or that’s what I should be looking at while solving the fresco puzzle? Mini Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

diego - 22 April 2014 05:11 PM

Am I wrong, or that’s what I should be looking at while solving the fresco puzzle? Mini Smile

Not too sound condescending but found that puzzle really easy. Yeah the clues are
in the manuscript to solving that puzzle, but by now having looked at
La Malladicio numerous times and solving previous puzzles it schould be obvious what
colors you should be using. There is a consistent dualism going on within gnostisicm
which is reflected in the colors as well.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Nope - And to deliberately sound condescending - I found it blindingly obvious, perhaps the easiest puzzle in the whole game- Nah! - in the whole history of puzzles, adventure games or otherwise Tongue

No - You are not wrong, that is exactly what you should have done!

Another Goat!

Now if only Nico wasn’t such a party-spoiler, then this scene could have been epic.
Nico: There will be no - I repeat - No blowing up goats.

And can someone please explain to me why not all games feature a goat?
They seem to be and endless source of great humour and intriguing puzzles, and no self respecting game designer should ever leave home without one! (imo) 

Anyway, don’t you find it striking that two games are released almost at the same time, and the first Moebius, is all about Predestination and Determinism, and the second Broken Sword 5, brings up the very same subject, but takes the exact opposite position and sides with Free Will?

A coincidence? - I think not!
But whether it is divine intervention or a result of an evil conspiracy bent on destroying the world as we know it, is not something I care to speculate on - But if I had to speculate, then I’m leaning towards the latter.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

The worst thing about this game was finishing it and having that aching feeling that it’ll be a long wait for another. I really loved it, although felt the ending part could have been fleshed out a little better.

As always in Broken Sword, the parts in Paris were my favourite. Paris is the heart of this series IMO and is always depicted in such a beautiful and charming way. Especially loved the flower shop interior and the view from the gallery window.

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

Stuart - 22 April 2014 10:03 PM

As always in Broken Sword, the parts in Paris were my favourite. Paris is the heart of this series IMO and is always depicted in such a beautiful and charming way. Especially loved the flower shop interior and the view from the gallery window.

Absolutely. Every time Broken Sword returns to Paris, it feels, in a way, like going home. Like being wrapped in a lovely warm nostalgic bubble of familiar visuals, voices and musical score.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I don’t have that. I always can’t wait for them to get the hell out of Paris. But then maybe it’s because I’ve been to Paris and know it’s a horrible and ugly city.

I did on the other hand very much like the London segments. I’ve been there as well. Maaany times in fact and I shall be returning this summer. I love London. Such a wonderful and charming city.

*whistles Rule Brittania* Wink

That being siad my favourite part of this game is still Montserrat. <ontly beacause it looked stunning and had really cool puzzles in it. Especially the cable car ones. Cable Cars are cool.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

nomadsoul - 22 April 2014 04:49 PM
tomimt - 22 April 2014 11:45 AM

I recall some official forum message or such stating that Revolution is planning to go on with BASS 2, but that they have some other title as well they’re doing.

Thats Dave Gibbons project and i would love that.
His art made Watchemen and BS what they are.

And BS5 artists can easily pull of his art style under Gibbons supervision.

Either this or BASS2 = Win Win situation

I’d say BASS 1 was mostly a Dave Cummins project, who passed away, unfortunately. Not sure about BASS 2 without him, although Revolution proved they are able to make good Broken Sword games without the man.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Creating an alive metropolis atmosphere not designers forte evidently,BS at it’s best and excels at uninhabited areas and exotic places like old castles,chapels,courtyards etc.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I loved Nico’s response to George trying to use the dynamite on the goat lol. Nico:“George, come here sweetie.” ..“what the hell are you thinking!!” lmao

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Although BS5 is awesome, I hope they do something different next.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tad - 23 April 2014 06:06 AM

I loved Nico’s response to George trying to use the dynamite on the goat lol. Nico:“George, come here sweetie.” ..“what the hell are you thinking!!” lmao

Damn, I didn’t think of trying it on the goat. When I wanted to use it on the car, Nico made me hand over everything.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hehe, I just did it to see George’s response. Nico acted all sweet and kind till she snatched them off George lol.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Origami - 22 April 2014 07:34 PM

Not too sound condescending but found that puzzle really easy.

Iznogood - 22 April 2014 09:35 PM

I found it blindingly obvious

Ok, so I’ve been overthinking it. Embarassed Of course I tried blue and green combination first but I missed to light the candle and I didn’t know if I was on the right track. Then, when reading again the line: “For thus was the Light of Eden both blue and green” I concluded that if it was blue and green at the same time, then it was turquoise Grin I mean, why the hell putting there magenta and turquoise colors??! Angry Not to mention that I wasn’t sure which statue should Light of Eden represent.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top