• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

While I completely understand people’s disappointment/frustration regarding the player having little influence over who lives and dies, you do influence the story. However, with TWD, it’s always been the context, character relationships and their meaning that shift.

The ultimate plot remains the same but the unfolding story’s meaning is what changes with the decision system. Depending on your choices, the relationships between those characters and the interpretations of the story shift dramatically.

Obviously, this doesn’t satisfy people who want to have a more tangible sense of, “My actions caused character X, Y and Z to live/die.” The context and way in which characters X, y and Z live/die isn’t enough for them, despite it changing the way we perceive Clementine and Lee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

noknowncure - 03 August 2014 10:53 AM

While I completely understand people’s disappointment/frustration regarding the player having little influence over who lives and dies, you do influence the story. However, with TWD, it’s always been the context, character relationships and their meaning that shift.

The ultimate plot remains the same but the unfolding story’s meaning is what changes with the decision system. Depending on your choices, the relationships between those characters and the interpretations of the story shift dramatically.

Obviously, this doesn’t satisfy people who want to have a more tangible sense of, “My actions caused character X, Y and Z to live/die.” The context and way in which characters X, y and Z live/die isn’t enough for them, despite it changing the way we perceive Clementine and Lee.

I agree with you and it worked great in Season 1 because it was new, it had good characters and the added factor of the Lee/Clem relationship - the teaching/protection elements that weighted in some choices.
I don’t think it’s working so well in season 2 because the characters are not as strong and while the stakes are high, Clem is protected by being the player and I don’t really care about the others. I think episodes were to small for all the things that happened in this season, no time to sink in the choices.
Still, there’s one episode left so it’s not fair to judge the season already,

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-07-16

PM

The way Heavy Rain did it is if a character died then future scenes in the game featuring that character we’re shut off. Nothing really changed drastically as a result of the character dying other than the ending. So it wasn’t really that “bending” if you ask me.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Last episode now out on PC and Mac.

Enjoy folks! Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Most intense ias episode from TG so far,liked that end up exactly how i imagined,doubt if there is an alternative ending but i dont care.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Worst episode , total borefest untill the end, some endings are more fleshed out.
There is degree to which i can suspend my disbelief, wrestling with walkers below the ice,
how the whole group suddenly was behind cover after last episodes pointblank range shooting, ironman clem etc.
were too much , stupid stuff.
Gameplay segments again cut short from last EP and mostly choices.

Everything felt forced to make things dramatic and felt way over dramatic.

Ep 5 = 2/5, whole season 3/5.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 August 2014 07:06 PM

There is degree to which i can suspend my disbelief, wrestling with walkers below the ice,
how the whole group suddenly was behind cover after last episodes pointblank range shooting, ironman clem etc.
were too much , stupid stuff.

Ep 5 = 2/5, whole season 3/5.

Yeah, what are they thinking! Clem almost freezes, gets shot in the arm, still walks around like nothing happened. Not to mention how a newborn can survive all that…

And the characters! not even the Tv show has so many stupid decisions!

Best moment was flashback do season 1 moment with Lee, it made me remember how good it was.

Don’t think I’ll get next seasons day one, I think I’ll just wait for the finale and get it for a third of the price…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Borefest? Wow…quite a lot happened in this, so I really don’t agree - though the start did throw me a bit with the shooting.

Season 2 was always going to be tough after such a great season 1, but I think they did a good job. Some of writing went a bit wonky in places, but overall I enjoyed it.

Here were my choices:
I shot Kenny and went with Jane. Kenny was a good man who had simply gone mad. He was becoming just like Carver with his attitude and just like in season 1, he was the cause for a lot of the conflicts within’ in the group. As for Jane…I’m not happy with what she did, but I don’t think she meant for anyone to die. Just to simply show Clem how unhinged Kenny had become.

I was shocked by Mike and Bonnie, but I understood why they wanted to go; Kenny. Taking everything though…oh, and Arvo. Complete scum. As for the last choice of letting the “family” in. I struggled with that too. After everything we’ve seen, it seems the good people are mostly dead.

What was your choices?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Same,due to first season experience dont expect any other outcome possible.

nomadsoul - 26 August 2014 07:06 PM

Everything felt forced to make things dramatic and felt way over dramatic.

Questioning cartoon characters realism highly questionable
but consider doesnt show Kenny kills Mike,Bonnie and Arvo never over dramatic on it’s standarts.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Those were also my choices. I read if you side with Kenny you get to Wellinton. Maybe that was a better ending, but Kenny has gone crazy at this episode

Bonnie wins for most annoying character…
Luke wins for best new character with the most stupid meaningless death
Mike for the “let’s make a level-headed character make a really stupid decision that makes no-sense because we need Clem being shot” award
Jane… you disappointed me girl… that was taking it way too far to prove a point…

I decided to stay with her because I couldn’t see how Clem would survive with only a baby in the middle of nowhere in a huge snowstorm, but she would probably still survive with no real explanation

The quote that summoned up the season for me: I wish Lee was here Smile

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Excellent episode. By far the best of the season IMO. Once again, it was focused on characters and not on zombie survival, which is always a + in my books. IMO the episodes this season were like 5>2>3>1>4. Overall, I felt it was a slightly worse season than the first mostly because it felt like many characters were just fillers, failing to create the deep emotional bonds (for good or bad) that were in S01.

As for my choices I stuck with Kenny to the very end. It was a very easy choice for me, because I realized Jane’s plan right from the start. It was idiotic. When someone is on the verge of falling off a cliff, you should pull him back not push him. Also, she could always have ended the fight whenever she wanted. She didn’t - in my eyes it looked like she was looking for an excuse for Clem to kill Kenny. Last but not least, Clem is not Jane. Kenny would have never hurt Clem and the glorious ending (even more touching than the Lee ending from the S01) in Wellington when we trully see how he deeply cares for her and the baby, justified my decision. Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Damn, got to see that Welligton ending now

My order of the episodes would be

2>3>5>1>4

I think they should stayed Carver’s camp one more episode, and ditched the appearance of the Russians all together because it was worthless.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 27 August 2014 05:56 AM

Damn, got to see that Welligton ending now

There are two actually. Both excellent.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Suprised there are 3 endings this time,why didnt get this end of season one,anyway for
who dont want to bother replay but find out all answers here showdown:

Shoot Kenny
You shoot Kenny before he stabs Jane. When you go over to him he says you made a good decision because he was out of control. He says that although he wished for death numerous times in the past that he is now scared. He closes his eye and dies. You hear a baby crying in the background and realize it’s AJ. When you and Jane arrive at the car that AJ’s in you can either leave her for lying and getting Kenny killed or travel with her to Howe’s Hardware.
Look away
You allow Kenny to stab Jane. You are given the option to shoot him which leaves you alone. If you keep him you will hear a baby crying and realize Jane was lying about letting AJ die. You and Kenny get the baby from out of the car that Jane put him in. You are given the option to leave Kenny or go with him to Wellington.
Leave/Kill Kenny or Jane
Clementine is by herself with only AJ in her arms. She sees a herd of walkers ahead of her and kills one. She puts the walker’s blood on AJ and herself and proceeds to walk into the herd.
1.If you went with Kenny…
After 9 days with Kenny, he is seen joking with Clementine and races her to the top of a hill with AJ in his arms. When he reaches the top he pauses and sees Wellington in front of him. A woman tells them to stop and gives them news that Wellington is overpopulated and they are not taking new survivors in. Kenny will plead with the woman to just take Clementine and AJ. Clementine will disagree and both begin crying. you will be given two options.
1A.Go with Kenny
Clementine will tell Kenny that there is no way she would stay without him. The woman speaking to them will give them two bags full of supplies and tells them to check in again in a few months for more space. Kenny will look at Clementine and tell her she is as stubborn as a damn mule to which she replies “I wonder where I got that from.” with a smile on her face.
1B.Stay at Wellington
Clementine will hug Kenny as they have a tearful goodbye. Kenny says it was nice knowing her and that he has to leave and not look back before he changes his mind. He gives Clementine his hat and says to give it to AJ when he grows up. The doors to Wellington open and Clementine and AJ enter, leaving Kenny walking away in the background before the doors close.
2.If you went with Jane…
9 days later, when you’re with Jane, a family wants to join the camp because they hadn’t eaten and were walking for weeks. A family goes to Clementine and Jane, the player is given 2 choices.
2A.Let the family in
They will thank you and it ends with you and Jane looking at the guns the survivors had.
2B.Make the family go away
They will say they’ll be back and they might be dangerous.
In-Game Decisions
Selflessness: Protected the baby?
Protected the baby - 56%
Went for cover - 44%   
Risk: Went to help Luke?
Tried to help Luke - 34.3%
Did not try to help Luke - 65.7%
Loyalty: Asked to leave with Mike?
Didn’t ask to leave with Mike - 75.9%
Asked to leave with Mike - 24.1%
Survivalism: Shot Kenny?
Shot Kenny - 48.5%
Looked away/Didn’t pick up the gun - 51.5%
Friendship: In the end, who are you with?
Jane, AJ and the family - 19.1%
Alone with AJ - 23.6%
Kenny and AJ -57.3%

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Gabe - 27 August 2014 06:48 AM

Suprised there are 3 endings this time,why didnt get this end of season one?

Because it would have been difficult to make S02 with Clem as the main if they had to do…as many games as the ending possibilities from S01.

That’s why I believe that in S03 we will se an entire different cast.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top