• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 5

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The last thing I heard was that the latest Ace Attorney game didn’t sell enough in Japan to justify more games to be made. There was some talk that it might still be worth doing because of the interest in the rest of the world. Really glad to see that the later seems to be correct. That would mean that the 3DS will have at least three games in the “must play”-category which justifies a purchase in my book.

Natuurlijk kan alle een woordje over de grens spreken. Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Actually, the AA games do quite well in Japan, it’s the rest of the world where sales aren’t always as strong (which is why there’s no overseas version of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 now, and only a digital release for AA5 outside of Japan).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually got the iPad version of this game and it is amazing on my iPad mini the graphics are stunning and i do hope it sells in droves so that more games like this come to the ipad

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, I have a 3DS and I had been procrastinating about getting this game until I finished a few other games I already had, but I’m glad I slept on it in the end because the iOS version is great.

It’s really a phenomenal port. The graphics look great, and playing on the big screen of an iPad is terrific. It runs smoothly, the interface is great, all the DLC is there… It’s really the definitive version, which is something I can’t say for the iPad ports of the earlier versions.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes some reviewers have played both versions and say that theirs version is the definitive version

I would have to agree that compared to the other ace games I’ve played - itis the best one I’ve ever played - just an amazing improvement and I will get more of these for ios

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good that they are doing better ports for iOS but I hope portable consoles don’t stop being the primary focus for the series.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Good that they are doing better ports for iOS but I hope portable consoles don’t stop being the primary focus for the series.

I’m sure that sales will determine that. If the ios version ends up being by far the best seller you could see the focus change.

Heart

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The only thing that bums me out with the iOs ports is their lack of a language option.
Come on, I have already mastered the English language. Give me sumethin’ new dawg.

No seriously, I want to up my Spanish a bit.

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

i

Frogacuda - 05 September 2014 08:41 PM

It runs smoothly, the interface is great, all the DLC is there… It’s really the definitive version, which is something I can’t say for the iPad ports of the earlier versions.

I agree. I think the Ace Attorney trilogy for the iPad is pretty much awful. I can’t get past those blurry transitions when the camera switches between characters in the courtroom sequenses. It’s probably an intentional design choice but it only makes the game feel technically broken. Only played the first two cases of the first game before deciding to replay all three games on the DS instead.

Good to hear the’ve made a better job with the new one though. will definitely buy the iOS version.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree. I think the Ace Attorney trilogy for the iPad is pretty much awful. I can’t get past those blurry transitions when the camera switches between characters in the courtroom sequenses. It’s probably an intentional design choice but it only makes the game feel technically broken. Only played the first two cases of the first game before deciding to replay all three games on the DS instead.

Oh - I’ll avoid the AC Trilogy for ipad then. I have all these games on DS anyway. I’m really enjoying AC 5 on the ipad - one of the best adventure games I’ve gotten in 2014.

Heart

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Veovis - 09 September 2014 09:56 AM

i

Frogacuda - 05 September 2014 08:41 PM

It runs smoothly, the interface is great, all the DLC is there… It’s really the definitive version, which is something I can’t say for the iPad ports of the earlier versions.

The blurry spaces between pans are in all versions of the game. The real issue is just that the game’s assets weren’t designed to be seen in HD, and the added clarity doesn’t flatter them. What looked very polished at low resolution has obvious flaws in higher res. There’s also some animation bugs some miscued music and whatnot. Honestly, it’s not a bad port, it just isn’t the best version of the game like the AA5 port is.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

The iOS version of the trilogy also misses frames of animation of a lot of characters. The upcoming 3DS version of the trilogy (based on the iOS version) in turn fixes some mistakes, but definitely not all. It does feature better music than the iOS version though.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/10/sherlock-holmes-dr-watson-in-the-great-ace-attorney/

Next up is a prequel guest starring Sherlock Holmes.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 11 September 2014 04:04 AM

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/10/sherlock-holmes-dr-watson-in-the-great-ace-attorney/

Next up is a prequel guest starring Sherlock Holmes.

The weirdest thing is Watson is that little 8 year old girl genius Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 11 September 2014 06:10 AM

The weirdest thing is Watson is that little 8 year old girl genius Smile

Not unheard of. The series Elementary has Lucy Liu as Watson in present-day, for instance…

Actually, Sherlock Holmes and a young Watson? Aren’t they going to end up as expies for Professor Layton and Luke Triton???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top