• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Becky - 20 December 2014 09:00 AM

Sefir—I’m curious as to what your impressions are of the Drawn series and Azada in Libro.

I consider the Drawn series as masterpieces - especially the first one, which is my favourite. Their soundtrack is one of the top-5 I ever heard. The riddles get better as the games go by. Great concept and emotions overall.

Azada had an interesting storyline and I liked both its riddles and different places. Not Drawn quality,  but a quality game nonetheless.

And yes, I would be willing to lead any of those, but I expect the grand majority here has played them already. Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 20 December 2014 09:50 AM

And yes, I would be willing to lead any of those, but I expect the grand majority here has played them already. Tongue

I haven’t… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The above would make a great discussion on the Casual Games thread. I, personally, thought the second game was the best. But I could easily make a case for the first game, because, well, it was the first! It single-handedly blew away whatever pre-conceived notions people had about casual games.

Vote tally as of December 20 (No change)

5 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, TimovieMan, harald, furgotten)
5 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100, Sefir)
4 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Sefir)
3 VotesNightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky-leader, furgotten, Sefir)
3 Votes Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, Sefir)
2 Votes F.A.C.E.S. (Tim-leader, Sefir)
1 Vote 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan)
1 Vote Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (furgotten)
1 Vote Nearwood (Becky-leader)
Urban Legends: The Maze
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

But not in a long time. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 20 December 2014 04:50 PM

I haven’t… Wink

Lady Kestrel - 20 December 2014 06:56 PM

But not in a long time. Smile

Ok,ok…I’ll propose it in the next voting (not this one though)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 22 (No change)

Voting closes on January 1. As before, there’s a strong likelihood of a playoff. If needed, that will start on January 1, and we should have a winner by January 3.

5 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, TimovieMan, harald, furgotten)
5 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100, Sefir)
Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Since Time Dreamer is in contention for the top stop, I thought I’d play its sequel, which is called Time Dreamer: Temporal Betrayal to see if it would make sense to play it as well during a playthrough. Temporal Betrayal was released a couple of years after the original game and covers a handful of time periods before the original Time Dreamer begins.

Since Time Dreamer: Temporal Betrayal is a more recent game, the graphics and the animation are more sophisticated, and it has fewer Hidden Object challenges. It has something of the same sense of humor as the original Time Dreamer. But it doesn’t have the original game’s brilliant, surreal oddness. The sequel is pretty much a conventional time travel game. Though most of the game is only tangentially related to Time Dreamer, there are a couple of places that contain spoilers for the original game, so you can only play it after the original, rather than playing it beforehand to add to the experience of the original.

The upshot (for what it’s worth) is that I don’t think Temporal Betrayal is strong enough to be a good contender alongside the original Time Dreamer for a playthrough.

IM(notso)HO

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 23 (No change) (I’m going to take a break. Next update will come on December 26.) Have a Wonderful and Safe Holiday.

Voting closes on January 1. As before, there’s a strong likelihood of a playoff. If needed, that will start on January 1, and we should have a winner by January 3.

Still waiting on votes from Iznogood, UruBoo, Crabapple and a few others.

Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 27 (No change)

Voting closes on January 1. That’s only five days away! So get you votes in.

As before, there’s a strong likelihood of a playoff. If needed, that will start on January 1, and we should have a winner by January 3.

Still waiting on votes from Iznogood, UruBoo, Crabapple and a few others.

Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hey rtrooney!! I just noticed that you haven’t voted!! Grin
Is it because you are going to participate in every voted game?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 28 December 2014 04:51 AM

He’s Tim. Wink

I’m the other Tim, but it says TimovieMan where I voted, you know, so you could tell the difference… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 28 December 2014 07:44 AM
Sefir - 28 December 2014 04:51 AM

He’s Tim. Wink

I’m the other Tim, but it says TimovieMan where I voted, you know, so you could tell the difference… Tongue

Facepalm. The forums need a smiley with a facepalm.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 28 December 2014 07:49 AM

Facepalm. The forums need a smiley with a facepalm.

Here’s one:

Or do you prefer the most famous one?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nothing much I can say here except rtrooney = Tim. I’m sure the “other Tim” will get the joke. Not to worry. In another world there was an issue with mixed identities that “other Tim” helped me understand.

I’m the same Tim that “the other Tim” referred to when I commented on how well he parsed my words on the TFANCP thread.

But…. “The days dwindle down to a precious few…” as first sung by Walter Houston on Broadway, but made famous by Frank Sinatra’s version.

We’re down to three days, and counting. No new votes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 30 (No change)

Voting closes on January 1. That’s only two days away! So get you votes in.

Any vote that comes in between now and New Year’ Day will be tallied on New Year’s Day.
(I plan on doing some celebrating on New Year’s Eve, and I don’t plan to take a break to check for votes.)  Smile

There’s a strong likelihood of a playoff. Only those games tied for the lead will be in the playoff. If there’s a tie, those games will be announced the morning of January 1, my time. Anybody is eligible to vote in the playoff. Winner will be announced on January 3. The playthrough should start soon after.

Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top