• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Golden Wake to be published to Wadjet Eye

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was looking into what is next to Wadjet Eye and they are going to publish A Golden Wake, a game by the creator of the Ben Jordan series.
Setting looks promising:

The Roaring Twenties. The Jazz Age. Prohibition.

For Alfie Banks, a young real estate salesman from New York recently relocated to Miami, it is a time of great opportunity.

Set against the backdrop of the Florida Land Boom of the 1920s, A Golden Wake is a story of an innocent man’s descent into greed and corruption, and his eventual redemption.

Based on actual events and featuring real life locations and historical figures, you must guide Alfie on his journey to reach the top of the real estate game as he deals with shady salesmen, cutthroat bootleggers, corrupt politicians, and much more, all while swept up in the events surrounding the inception of Coral Gables, The City Beautiful.

http://www.grundislavgames.com/agoldenwake/

Dave Gilbert tweeted a teaser trailer is coming this week.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I saw a preview of this at GDC, and played a little - it’s delightful.

Bt

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

This looks awesome!

Here is the games page on the Wadjet Eye site - http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/golden-wake/

I’ve just recently watched all of Boardwalk Empire, so a game like this is really going to fill my craving for something like this.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

1920’s is criminally underused perioid in games. And Ben Jordan games are pretty decent, so this already has two thigs going for it.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is Wadjet Eye. I can’t remember if they ever published a game I didn’t love. The setting looks really intriguing already.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time now. I love the previous Ben Jordan games by Grundislav, especially the last four of them. If you have not played them,  suggest you do. Smile They are free. There are 8 of them in total, the first 3 or 4 are pretty mediocre, but the rest are really good.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This is best plot premise i have come across since (that monochrome game involving Insurance company forgot the name). Smile

I hope VAs are as good as Primordia or GeminiRue.

Didn’t like Resonance ones.

Great share.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Teaser trailer is up:

Looking very good, Fall 2014 is not too far.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems less dark than Resonance (IMO the best Wadjet Eye game thus far), Gemini Rue or Primordia. More colourful palette too.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

This looks like so much fun!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

DEM PIXELS.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Hello!

I saw this thread a while ago, but it must have slipped through the cracks and I never chimed in.

I’ve had a great time making this game and am extremely excited to get it out very soon (late September/early October, in fact!)  Hopefully you’ll all enjoy it!

There’s a small roundup of previews as well as some music samples on my blog, so if you’re interested, you can check those out here.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Grundislav - 30 July 2014 08:59 PM

Hello!

I saw this thread a while ago, but it must have slipped through the cracks and I never chimed in.

I’ve had a great time making this game and am extremely excited to get it out very soon (late September/early October, in fact!)  Hopefully you’ll all enjoy it!

There’s a small roundup of previews as well as some music samples on my blog, so if you’re interested, you can check those out here.

From preview,

The constant throughout all these story strands is the excellent writing, the one aspect that an adventure game lives or dies by.

The voice acting doesn’t disappoint either; the excellent dialogue is all delivered with the right amount of pathos and/or levity in all the correct places.

Basically this, i hope you nail it, looking forward to play this.

If you can share some voice acting samples that would be cool.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Here’s one!

Alfie meets Doc Dammers

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top