• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Voice Quiz’t ][  .. [Ended]

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

There’s a lot of work that goes into organizing a quiz, assembling all the images, voices, or music clips. Thanks to Advie and all those who organize them for our enjoyment.

Advie - 29 March 2015 08:33 PM
zane - 29 March 2015 08:05 PM

i am a little confused about round 2, should we still guess ones that have already been solved?

No, only the 6 voices from round one which are not answered yet.

As I understand it, zane, everyone can send guesses by PM for the 20 voices in Round Two (regardless of whether or not others may also have guessed them by PM) along with any of the 6 voices from Round One that haven’t yet been guessed in the public posting.

Edit: But I guess the quiz has been cancelled.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

DarkEye - 23 March 2015 06:18 AM

Advie, for me it’s ironic that you could live for a whole year without posting a new quiz.
And now you can’t wait for a few more days that jukes quiz comes to end. Meh My focus will still be there, so don’t count on me. Frown

I’ve told you that I won’t be playing this, until you can wait for a few days.

Advie - 29 March 2015 06:00 PM

i never abandoned any of your quizzes DarkEye, even if with one guess, as long as i can; never deliberately, i see it too disrespectful, but anyways i like to make this official, since you also ignored to reply on my post at the Voice Quiz i will bring it to you here so may notice, i will never take place at any quiz you make.

I can see that this has been a very rough day for you Advie, so I won’t make it any harder.Just don’t know why I’m so important to you?I suck at sound guessing anyway.
And remember:Your way is your decision! As far as I can remember, I’ve never forced anyone to take a part in my quizzes.Who like it and has time will play others won’t.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not sure what happened but thanks for the great quiz, Advie. I like these sound quizzes (even thought I suck Frown ). I was actually hoping for this PM part of the quiz since I waas always arriving late and most easy guesses had been taken already…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was really looking forward to joining in with your quiz today Advie to find that I as a NEW PARTICIPANT wasn’t welcome anyway!  Okay, fair enough I accept that but I find your reasons for cancelling it disregarding the good will of those who have participated so far a little self-absorbent as there have been many enthusiastic contributions.

Advie - 29 March 2015 09:11 PM

Guys i am sorry , but this can not be fun anymore!

please let me explain how irritating this was for me from day one, and without mention names, One asks me for this quiz,  i get motivated, do it, and he ignores it.
another accusing me for disrespecting the other quiz when the quiz OP had already welcomed it.
a third counting my mistakes don’t know why, when already had abandoned it for days but just enjoying visiting the thread to to do so. 

so no need to fool myself and consider this anyways of fun to keep going.

Thanks all for playing, and i am sorry i am the worst quiz organizer you can ever meet!

The only person who has made this quiz not ‘fun anymore’ is yourself Advie - you already knew the thoughts of myself & another member before you bull-dozed ahead with your quiz regardless & now have the audacity to include both of us along with a member who has tried to help for the reason you have cancelled the quiz - you’re not really seeing this in perspective are you?

Advie - 26 March 2015 02:00 PM

@Darki, i am really pissed man, you are a stuborn-ass, you motivated me to this quiz and abandoned it,for a reason i dont see it well justified , there has been many times with these forums (or the archived one) running more than one quiz at a time!

I can’t speak for DarkEye but abandoning your quiz until Lady Kestrel’s one had ended I felt was very well justified – it’s called PRINCIPLES Advie!
As for your 2nd comment that’s just not true since I’ve been a member - a few years ago you rudely posted a quiz out of the blue a few hours after I posted mine which I had announced at least a week before on a ‘Quiz Announcements’ thread & that’s the only time I remember more than one quiz running.

Anyway Advie, I think you should think about the members who have got this far with your quiz (rather than taking too much to heart & please quit the self-bleating - I can’t stand it) & continue with it! I know how much work goes into presenting a quiz, your voice quiz is a fresh & innovative alternative to a screenshot one & you’ve done a wonderful job again!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Caliburn - 29 March 2015 09:59 PM

As I understand it, zane, everyone can send guesses by PM for the 20 voices in Round Two (regardless of whether or not others may also have guessed them by PM) along with any of the 6 voices from Round One that haven’t yet been guessed in the public posting.

Edit: But I guess the quiz has been cancelled.

ahhh i see, i guess ill hold sending my pm then.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m sorry to see that the quiz has been cancelled, and I hope that you will reconsider Advie, and either reopen the quiz or make a new voice quiz sometimes in the future.

Voice quizzes are a nice alternative to the many picture quizzes others make. I had great fun with it so far, and was looking forward to the PM part.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Come on, Advie!  You put all this effort into making the quiz, so don’t waste it by copping out now.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i can not seem to help myself to ignore my/this thread, as this was intention since yesterday day’s sentimental (of my side) response to the opposing posts toward this ‘canceled’ quiz, which obliges me to response to this compassion posts, to state how much i appreciate them, more than anyone would imagine..

But anyways, as it was the reason (from the start) why i didn’t wait for LadyK’s quiz to finish, i cant reopen the quiz now, even if i kicked myself hard, because after tomorrow i will be mostly without internet, and the quiz will need a day more ‘if’ that is to happen.
SO if anyone REALLY like to make this quiz continue, take the hand, and carry it on and finish it, i can send the answers sheet to him/her, and whoever would carry it on, can take this last ‘PMing’ round into action, i see this is very likely to happen, without any problems.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Send me the answer sheet, Advie.  I’m at the bottom anyway, so I’ll finish it for you.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 March 2015 01:41 PM

Send me the answer sheet, Advie.  I’m at the bottom anyway, so I’ll finish it for you.

Done, now are a guest of honor as the quiz administrator, dont cheat the sheet Smile

good luck.

Thank you, LAdyK and everyone thank LadyK for carrying the quiz on. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s cool. Thanks Advie and LK
Can we start PMing the guesses? Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will be taking PMs now instead of Advie.  Any correct guesses you make, including those in the first round which haven’t been answered yet, will be added to your current scores and posted here in the thread every evening.  (I have jury duty this week, so it won’t be until after I have my dinner.)  Let’s make the deadline to get your answers to me by midnight GMT on Friday, April 3.  Also, anyone can participate, even if you didn’t have a chance to answer in the first round.  Have fun!  Laughing

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 30 March 2015 08:44 AM

Voice quizzes are a nice alternative to the many picture quizzes others make. I had great fun with it so far, and was looking forward to the PM part.

^ Seconded.

It’s a shame to see the quiz turn into a train wreck, but I’m glad to see it’ll get finished nonetheless.

As usual, I recognize so few voices. No doubt I’ll score poorly. Again. Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m off to watch The Voice on tv, so I thought I’d post this now.

Updated Scores:

TimovieMan - 14
Caliburn - 10
Zane - 7
Wilco - 6
SpeedBo - 5
Karlok - 4
Chrissie - 3
Abnaxus - 2
Diego - 2
Lady Kestrel - 2 (before I saw the answer sheet)
Iznogood - 1
Lucien21 - 1

Edit:  I’m putting the scores just under Advie’s first post on p. 1 and will update it there from now on.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 30 March 2015 05:04 PM

As usual, I recognize so few voices. No doubt I’ll score poorly. Again. Meh

—he says, while racking up a highly respectable score. Wink

Thanks, Advie, for offering a path forward. And thanks, Lady Kestrel, for taking on Round 2 of the quiz. Both your efforts are much appreciated and I am glad we can end this on a happier note. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top