• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 26 January 2015 06:18 PM

That first puzzle of the chapter… I was about to give up when I noticed “it”.

What do you think of the puzzle? We had a strong debate whether it’s fair or not at the other forum. Grin There were also some “conspiracy theorists” that connected stone columns to the puzzle solution.

Lady Kestrel - 26 January 2015 06:11 PM

No, all our computers are Macs.

What about the Boot Camp? Or getting some cheap used PC and connect it to Mac monitor Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

About the first puzzle. Whatever I did, no matter how many levers I pulled, it refused to look like a skull. I despaired. I’ve solved this puzzle before, what’s wrong? After 30 minutes I looked at a walkthrough. And finally, finally, I understood that I hadn’t walked far enough to the right to see the entire skull fall into place. GRRRRR. I don’t think first-time players would make that mistake, they would stand on the plate, but I didn’t bother.

PS: Sefir, chopsticks are called Esssssstäbchen Essstäbchen in German. Sorry, I got carried away, blame the guard.  Ess = eat. Stäbchen = sticklets.

Spot! Spotsie! Oh no…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 26 January 2015 07:19 PM
wilco - 26 January 2015 06:18 PM

That first puzzle of the chapter… I was about to give up when I noticed “it”.

What do you think of the puzzle? We had a strong debate whether it’s fair or not at the other forum. Grin There were also some “conspiracy theorists” that connected stone columns to the puzzle solution.

What’s the theory. I’m not seeing how the stone columns can be part of the solution.

The puzzle was a bit unfair because it requires out-the-box thinking, but it’s really original scroling has a part of the solution, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. And it’s fun to think in the end the solution is literally staring at you Smile.
The fact it was a limited area helped so it wasn’t so bad, had it been in a large explorable area I probably would never get the solution.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Anyone who praises that puzzle for being original hasn’t played Myst. It’s a 100% Mystian puzzle.
Although. I think it could have been improved by showing a close-up of the skull on the door, so you know what to aim at, and making it easier to arrange and visualize the skull. Once the eyes were in place it was all trial and error for me. Also, how does it make any sense from Sadwick’s perspective? Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Zifnab - 26 January 2015 11:19 PM

Anyone who praises that puzzle for being original hasn’t played Myst.

Yes. Only played 3 and 4.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 26 January 2015 10:23 PM

What’s the theory. I’m not seeing how the stone columns can be part of the solution.

It’s really a far-stretched theory: looking at the right lever combination SPOILER for the first puzzle of the 3rd chapter: [spoiler]picture, you could notice that the marked columns correspond to the 5 levers, from left to right. Each of the stone column is slightly bent to left or right, which is exactly how levers should be positioned.[/spoiler]

Anyone who praises that puzzle for being original hasn’t played Myst. It’s a 100% Mystian puzzle

Wait, are you saying Myst has the parallax scrolling puzzle?

Karlok - 26 January 2015 09:27 PM

I understood that I hadn’t walked far enough to the right to see the entire skull fall into place.

Exactly what had happened to me! And the first time, I had other problem - I noticed the unfinished skull shape right away, but thought it’s just a parody to parallax scrolling and didn’t pay attention.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 27 January 2015 08:31 AM
wilco - 26 January 2015 10:23 PM

It’s really a far-stretched theory: looking at the right lever combination SPOILER for the first puzzle of the 3rd chapter: [spoiler]picture, you could notice that the marked columns correspond to the 5 levers, from left to right. Each of the stone column is slightly bent to left or right, which is exactly how levers should be positioned.[/spoiler]

Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, that’s me advocating Daedalic again Grin though, there’re (in)significant little touches in the background here and there… Tongue:

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 27 January 2015 08:31 AM

Anyone who praises that puzzle for being original hasn’t played Myst. It’s a 100% Mystian puzzle

Wait, are you saying Myst has the parallax scrolling puzzle?

Diego to the TWW rescue again!

Okay, it’s 99% Mystian. But there are plenty of Mystian puzzles requiring you to look at things from different perspectives, and change them to look right using levers or other means.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So, any comments about the Asgil thus far? Smile
Quite different from a 2 headed turtle with bear paws and giant teeth, are they? Grin
Impressions?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, they were not what I expected at all.

Spot should get an Aggie award:

“Most versatile sidekick in an adventure game.”

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 28 January 2015 06:44 AM

So, any comments about the Asgil thus far? Smile
Quite different from a 2 headed turtle with bear paws and giant teeth, are they? Grin
Impressions?

Dumb and depressive so far but still very early, only got out of the prison cell. And really a key under door puzzle?!?!? It will never end… Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 29 January 2015 12:18 PM

And really a key under door puzzle?!?!? It will never end… Smile

Yeah, but I kinda liked the prison escape as a whole - they do seem like a run of the mill prison room puzzles, but there was something about them making it not to be too easy (pretty hard to achieve from the designer’s perspective in such an enclosed space) but not too illogical as well. I say it’s definitely better, or more “complicated” than some other famous prison escape scenes:

I’m still to try this one from Daedalic:

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That Curse of Enchantia got me stomped at the time, even without being able to move…
Always liked the Teenagent one in the classic get out jail puzzle, funny one.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished chapter 3

I’m starting to sense Sadwick is not very fond of small creatures the frog soup, the gong creature, another Spot torture, everyone is used for solving a puzzle Smile

But I liked it, had some good puzzles, the rotating room and getting the bucket took me a while. The making the soup and dialogue puzzle near the end of the chapter were fun puzzles.

I don’t remember getting any funny Spot quotes in this one. Maybe because he was unavailable in part of the chapter.. The background artwork continue to be amazing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top