• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The big “Tesla Effect” puzzle help thread

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

chrissie - 12 May 2014 03:10 PM

I’m now in Day 8 & in the Tesla place. I’ve just opened a door with the threat of laser beams, used the smoke bomb & looked at the path ahead & thought ARE YOU KIDDING! I’ve tentatively tried & watched a You Tube clip to try & get some tips - anymore would be gratefully received!

Yes, as Iznogood said, it’s all about timing. I think Once I sprinted and managed to fluke my way in too! Let’s just say in real life I would exercise more caution!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-10-05

PM

I timed the first one, then just kept running. Made it through on the first attempt.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 12 May 2014 03:32 PM

Regarding the laser, then there really aren’t any tricks. Just time your moves, take one laser beam at a time and wait between the beams until you have figured out the timing of the next beam, and be careful not to walk too far so you accidentally walk into the next beam.

Phew! Did it! It wasn’t as hard as I first thought but great advice Iznogood! Thanks also Cubase!

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I’m stuck in chapter 9. Help would be most appreciated.

I solved the rod puzzle on Titan level 3. Afterwards Tex said “Now I need to get back to the Atrium”.
Hint system says: “Navigate to communication center on level 3 and look at satellite screen.”

The thing is: It’s no problem to get back to the Atrium, but I have no idea of how to get to level 3 of the Atrium as the stairs are still blocked.
OR… do they mean the room on TITAN level 3 (not Atrium level 3)? There is nothing I can click on in that room, so I’m wondering if I ran into a bug.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Problem solved. I just didn’t know that it is possible to run with shift + w to avoid the electrictiy on the stairs. Just finished the game. Very satisfying ending.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Concerning the egyptian “Senet” game - Tex says I must have no more than 2 symbols in the same row and column. I have set it up so there are exactly 2 symbols counting across and down - easy, but nothing happens. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Edit: Never mind, I tried putting two DIFFERENT symbols in each row. Tex’s comment was sort of misleading.

Now I have to find the last symbol, the Ankh. It must be well hidden because I’ve been searching this place for over an hour. And I have no idea how to put the 9 pieces back together, if that’s even what I’m supposed to do.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

You need a magnetic board which is in the same place you got the nine pieces of the ankh

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Argh! I’m stuck in Day 11 at the horrible Spirit Radio puzzle. I talked to Margareth but I can’t find all 3 combinations of frequencies fast enough. It’s a terrible terrible ‘puzzle’ for adventure gamers. Please please does anyone have a saved game, preferably one in which you always have been true to Chelsee?

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’m sorry tsa but I don’t have anymore my saved games folder. But I have to admit that one of the “let downs” of Tesla was that horrenduos puzzle. They could at least come with a better way to solve it. Come on! Dexterity is not something that someone expects from an adventure gamer, right?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Exactly, thank you UruBoo. I did manage to find a YouTube video in which someone explains how to set the dials each time, but even knowing that it’s still quite hard!  WHY? Why spoil a good game with this?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Try this

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lucien21 - 20 September 2014 03:21 PM

Try this

That’s the one I talked about above. But even knowing what values to choose for the dials I’m not dexterous enough to do it all in one minute.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah it is a terrible puzzle, I almost gave up on it myself.
This puzzle is however at the very end, and there is nothing but cutscenes after it, so instead of looking for a savegame with the right choices, you could just watch the right ending on youtube.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That’s a good idea! Thanks Iznogood!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some of the puzzles can be skipped in casual mode can you switch the difficulty down and complete the game so that you get the correct ending for your playthrough.

Watching it on youtube wont indicate which of the multiple endings you would get.

Either that or get a friend to try the puzzle while you watch.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top