• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

UPtimist - 27 February 2015 08:18 AM

Ah, those were the good old days. A lot of great stuff with AGS back then. Haven’t played an AGS game in ages, now…

You should read Following Freeware! There still are many good AGS games being made.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh, I do read! Grin It’s just that I never have the time to play them when I don’t even find the time to play the ones I’ve bought Wink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

RIP SPOCK

Cry  Cry  Cry

No coming back this time

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just heard he was 83 when he died. I wonder if he was satisfied with his life. Playing Spock for so long must not have been easy. Those ears don’t get like that by themselves.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 27 February 2015 05:54 PM

I just heard he was 83 when he died. I wonder if he was satisfied with his life. Playing Spock for so long must not have been easy. Those ears don’t get like that by themselves.

He did have some issues with only being associated with Spock that he named his autobiography “I Am Not Spock” back in 1975.
He did come to terms with it, though, and since his first book lead some people to believe he resented the role (he didn’t, just his constant association with it that made him unable to play anything else), he consequently wrote the book “I Am Spock” a few years later. Since then, he’s been really cool about it. Of course, since then the name “Leonard Nimoy” had become something of legend as much as “Spock” had.

I always thought of him as a really cool guy. And he was imo a much better actor than people will credit him for.
Stunning voice actor too. His reading of the technology quotes in Civilization IV is one of the absolute high points on what is possibly the best strategy game ever made… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Note to my own dumbass self: wash your hands before you rub your eyes five minutes after cutting chili peppers… Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 01 March 2015 05:26 AM

Note to my own dumbass self: wash your hands before you rub your eyes five minutes after cutting chili peppers… Shifty Eyed

Also before you go to the toilet. And after, of course.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Sometime before 6 this morning the Third Degree started wailing because she couldn’t get out of her room to go to the toilet. I got up, checked, and the door handle had indeed broken.

I dug out a screwdriver and took off the handle, but the inside was completely knackered and I couldn’t turn it with pliers or otherwise open the door.

As an adventure gamer, I suppose I should have come up with a clever method of opening it using inventory items, distracting a guard and doing a sliding tile puzzle or something, but I was tired so, hoping she had indeed moved away from the door as I asked, I just kicked it in! Crisis averted, but there was no way Degrees 3 and 4 were going back to sleep after that! Oh well…

Minimal damage to the door frame and virtually none to the door so hopefully something even my meagre DIY skills can cope with.

So anyway fellow Adventure Gamers, how would you have solved the puzzle of the locked room and the screaming children?! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Did you try the trick with the credit card?
That seems to work well enough for thieves to open doors that aren’t fully locked from the inside.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I would get the instant ladder from the fridge, take it to the garden, add a bit of water to it and climb through the window.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan proudly presents:

Lenny, born March 9th, weighing 3.630 kg and measuring 50 cm (that’s 8 lbs and 19.7” for you non-metrics).

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Wow… life is truly amazing, just look at that little guy. Congratulation TimovieMan !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That’s brilliant Timovieman, congratulations! Here’s a cute little soft toy for Lenny:

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Congrats Timovieman Smile

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Awwwwww! He’s so adorable! Congrats Timovieman!!!! <3

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top