• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Are comments for reviews disabled?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

There used to be a way to comment on reviews, but I do not see the option anymore.  Has this been removed?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yep. Several months ago, and they’re gone for good.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Oh.  That’sa shame.  Was one of the best parts of the site!

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

I agree, getting different people’s opinions on a game was by far more fun and useful than the review itself.

I come here a lot less now, mostly just the “New Releases” to see what’s been put out and the odd review. It’s just not much fun anymore.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

incometrader - 27 February 2016 01:20 PM

I agree, getting different people’s opinions on a game was by far more fun and useful than the review itself.

I come here a lot less now, mostly just the “New Releases” to see what’s been put out and the odd review. It’s just not much fun anymore.

indeed. The comments was a powerful section that gave an extra layer of information on a game. I am very sad that they are gone, it feels like a part of the lifeforce behind the site was extinguished.  Cry

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

Skywalker333 - 18 March 2016 12:23 PM

indeed. The comments was a powerful section that gave an extra layer of information on a game. I am very sad that they are gone, it feels like a part of the lifeforce behind the site was extinguished.  Cry

The admins think the forums are the place for this but the forums are really boring. The dissenters were the best part and often brought up fantastic points. Now this is just another game review site.

I’m sorry it was too much work but it was really great while it lasted…

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I assume everyone complaining is busy leaving invaluable user reviews so their fellow members can still benefit from their input.

And if the forums are boring, then contribute something to make them less so, instead of expecting others to do it for you.

I don’t know any site that allows THREE different ways to interact socially. If people don’t avail themselves of the TWO that remain here, that’s on them.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

User Reviews were also somewhat crippled since you stopped displaying the last given reviews on the main page. There’s no way to know now (other than repeatedly checking) that a new review has been published.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I’m not aware of any changes to the user review display. Where exactly did they appear before that they don’t now?

In any case, our intention was (and still is) to actually make user reviews more prominent. Just hasn’t been done yet.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I think we discussed it quite a while ago (it’s not a new change). On the front page, there used to be a section for recent article comments and for recent user reviews. Both no longer appear there, and were removed before article comments were.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Oh, WAY back! Were user reviews part of that? That’s so long ago I don’t even remember.

I doubt that feature will be returning, but there is still a much easier way to check for new user reviews. In the very top menu bar, on any page, under “Forums” you’ll find “Latest User Reviews” in the drop-down menu.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Yes, but now it’s opt-in so to speak? So unless people invest effort, they don’t know what’s going on. In the past, any visitor would see “oh, so and so gave a user review on this game that I like? I guess I’ll click it”. It’s just more engaging, I think.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Well, whatever we did in the past, like I said, our plan is to eventually make the user reviews more visible and/or accessible. Just a matter of getting to all our to-dos!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-04-08

PM

what a shame! the commentary section right beneath the articles was one of my favourite parts of this website. i miss it. lets face it: reading user comments about the game or about the review immediately under the article its not the same with going into the forums sections and searching for a topic.

although now i know it isnt there anymore after reading every article the instinct to scroll immediately and look for comments still kicks in. i hope it will be back

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top