• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale Games: Batman.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That does sound like a pretty logical next step to me, considering they’ve already been using the “how many people chose what” system.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

wilco - 17 July 2016 05:15 PM

It’s releasing all the episodes at the same time like Netflix does.

That isn’t happening…at least according to GOG. They are only releasing chapter one, and it’s also, obviously not a physical copy. So all the talk about a Netflix-style release seems to be out the window. Unless I’ve missed something, which is quite possible.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 26 July 2016 06:40 PM
wilco - 17 July 2016 05:15 PM

It’s releasing all the episodes at the same time like Netflix does.

That isn’t happening…at least according to GOG. They are only releasing chapter one, and it’s also, obviously not a physical copy. So all the talk about a Netflix-style release seems to be out the window. Unless I’ve missed something, which is quite possible.

You missed my previous answer already saying it wasn’t like Netflix Smile

wilco - 16 July 2016 07:54 PM
nomadsoul - 16 July 2016 03:36 PM

They are pulling off Netflix now???

http://playstationinsider.com/2016/07/batman-a-telltale-game-series-release-datephysical-copy-announced/

Me gusta

Not a Netflix, I think the physical copy only contains the first episode and the season to download the others when available. They already did this with the Minecraft game.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I didn’t miss that, but I thought that announcement was limited to the PSx release.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The last two Telltale game I got I thought were lacking compared to the previous releases. Hope this one is better.

Ps4 releases from telltale games in the past would include chapter 1 and passcode so for the rest of the series when they got released. Sometimes after the entire series would get released the entire series would get released on disk. They do put a label on the box telling you which it is.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ep1 was great in terms of presentation and writing.
Writers do better job than other mediums like recent Killingjoke cartoon or Gotham TV series.
Both TV series Gotham and this TTG ver share some similarity, i hope they dont follow Gotham more.

Personal story and beginnings of Bats, best possible Motion comic you can get.

Wait for sale on 3rd ep or wait for new year sale for more value.
But its a must try for Comic fans.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nothing mindblowing but good story setup. The setting of early days Bruce, Gordon is a bit overdone but I liked some of stories in this world.

-Falcone villain is boring but I’m glad it was just for Episode 1 (kept hearing him as Sully from Uncharted! lol)
-Cobblepot as Bruce childhood friends was good although he doesn’t look like a penguin at all…
-Introducing Selina fast and looking like she will be important in all episodes was great
-Harvey Dent was ok, but I hope it’s not a repetition of The Dark Knight movie and Joker shows up to turn him into to Two faces again
-Liked the possible twist of the Waynes being connected to the mobsters but it probably won’t lead to anything

Graphics looked better but not by much, seems like the same engine with a little upgrade.
Gameplay is the usual Telltale stuff, it has some investigation scenes by Batman but they are extremely limited.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That Troy baker though , his worst job yet, not feeling it

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 03 August 2016 03:20 AM

That Troy baker though , his worst job yet, not feeling it

I agree, most of the voice acting is competent but nothing special, compared to the usual Telltale stuff. Even Laura Bailey as Catwoman sounds too much like Fiona from TofB

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Delayed for mobile devices until Sept. 13th. Game sounds like a step up for Telltale games so I will pick it up.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

TTG gets lazier and lazier everytime ,if you miss a qte timing game keeps continue till end of the scene anyways.Most terrible thing you don’t even have to choose or move anything during to sequences just sit there and watch it like a tv.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 08 August 2016 05:02 PM

TTG gets lazier and lazier everytime ,if you miss a qte timing game keeps continue till end of the scene anyways.Most terrible thing you don’t even have to choose or move anything during to sequences just sit there and watch it like a tv.

Target crowd is lazy, hence noone forcing their hand.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The first time I played the Catwoman fight at the beginning I missed all the QTEs and it really plays exactly the same until going to game over at the end. Ridiculous

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 August 2016 05:16 PM

The first time I played the Catwoman fight at the beginning I missed all the QTEs and it really plays exactly the same until going to game over at the end. Ridiculous

I didnt push many Qs and Es in some action scenes of Twau or TftB.
Nothing happened. Same result.

Its old practice now more cemented.

In this regard Qdream is way better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 August 2016 06:22 PM

I didnt push many Qs and Es in some action scenes of Twau or TftB.
Nothing happened. Same result.

Its old practice now more cemented.

I’m not sure but I think in Twau at least if you missed 2 or 3 straight QTEs it would be game over. Also the animation changed in case you missed the QTE and Bigby would get more bruises. Or maybe it was just episode 1…
They want to release all this series before the end of the year, corners will be cut again

Edit:

Batman - Lowest Resolution of this generation

Come on… This was supposed to be an engine upgrade or something
Lol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top