• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

GOG Galaxy minimum system requirements

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Does anyone know what the minimum system requirements are for the GOG Galaxy client? I can’t find them on the GOG website anywhere. The Galaxy download page shows (in little itty bitty print)“GOG Galaxy Client requires Windows 7 or newer…”. I am running Vista 64 Home Premium, so I assume it won’t work on my system…has anyone here that uses Vista tried using the client? Did it work?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The download is just 70 MB. Just try it yourself and see what happens.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

it’ll probably work. It isnt much older than win 7, and its even a 64 bit operating system.

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I went ahead and installed it. I haven’t tried all the functionality yet, but I was able to install Dreamfall Chapters and start playing it in the client. Without the client, I couldn’t get the game to install…I kept getting an error message indicating the install files were damaged. Interesting that it works in the client but not “the old way”...

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mike the Wino - 10 July 2015 06:46 PM

I went ahead and installed it. I haven’t tried all the functionality yet, but I was able to install Dreamfall Chapters and start playing it in the client. Without the client, I couldn’t get the game to install…I kept getting an error message indicating the install files were damaged. Interesting that it works in the client but not “the old way”...

It should work the old way. They have said multiple times that Galaxy is optional. I have recently purchased and installed some GOG games without Galaxy and they worked fine. If it did not work, either try re-downloading them the old way(it could be that for some reason, your download of the files got interrupted causing you to have corrupted files), and if that doesn’t work, contact their customer support. I have contacted them before and they are fairly helpful and responsive.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top