• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

NOOooooooooooooo.

Waking up to this bad news

Hope President of konami finds some
Jap guys to make it, but detorojima
Combo gone Frown

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heard they’re taking the P.T demo down too.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Valve charging for mods:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/24/paid-mods-steam/

I guess Gabe is getting hungry and Steam is not making enough money *sarcasm*. This really sucks because as mod creators, Steam takes 30% and the game developer takes about 40% so all they will end up with is a mere 30% of the final price. As a consumer, it is more money to pay on top of the game cost (Game cost, DLC’s and now this).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Woaaahhh EA announced TitanFall2 out of nowhere,

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 April 2015 10:00 AM

http://abload.de/img/2015-04-2615_28_41-tv0frf6.png

NOOooooooooooooo.

Waking up to this bad news

Hope President of konami finds some
Jap guys to make it, but detorojima
Combo gone Frown

Konami is on the way out

SoccerDude28 - 26 April 2015 01:00 PM

Valve charging for mods:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/24/paid-mods-steam/

I guess Gabe is getting hungry and Steam is not making enough money *sarcasm*. This really sucks because as mod creators, Steam takes 30% and the game developer takes about 40% so all they will end up with is a mere 30% of the final price. As a consumer, it is more money to pay on top of the game cost (Game cost, DLC’s and now this).

Steam had the nerve to say that was for the benefit of modders and gamers… It’s not, it’s Steam and the deevelopers being as greedy as possible!

nomadsoul - 26 April 2015 01:37 PM

Woaaahhh EA announced TitanFall2 out of nowhere,

Lol! But it looks better. Titafall played well but was very limited.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

COD Black OP 3 full trailer.

Edit: didn’t notice Nomad posted it already.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Some of Valves decisions of late have been strange. Greenlight and Early access are both heavily being abused and now the users have this to contend with.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 26 April 2015 02:46 PM

Some of Valves decisions of late have been strange. Greenlight and Early access are both heavily being abused and now the users have this to contend with.

You guys see my point now, when I was making my case against PC gaming, someone touted steam as savior, I said they saw viable business opportunity as delivering a platform, ROI was always the main draw, valve/steam doesn’t fund games that bleed money , in fact they proved way greeedier.

@Wilco

Yup blops3 looks more meatier in content, walker mode, heroes are customizable,Gender even, then moba like classes etc.
Graphics looks meh but 4 player coop @ 60 fps will suffice.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I never really thought there was a need for a case against it. Gaming is more accessible now then ever before on whatever device you prefer and I think that’s great.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 26 April 2015 06:50 PM

I never really thought there was a need for a case against it. Gaming is more accessible now then ever before on whatever device you prefer and I think that’s great.

Accessible as in free mods of yesteryears now behind paywall. Wink
Thats a con and one in many.
I rest my case Grin

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s not a case. You don’t like PC Gaming, that doesn’t mean it’s any better or worse though. They all have their pros and cons.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 26 April 2015 07:53 PM

That’s not a case. You don’t like PC Gaming, that doesn’t mean it’s any better or worse though. They all have their pros and cons.

100k+ disgruntled gamers are happy for sure, with climbing numbers is strong case i reckon Grin

The petition to stop paid mods = 111,008 supporters.

What are the odds that PC gamers F2p/flashsales habits have spoiled them.

No Darksouls = petition.
No platinum games = Petition.
No R*= Petition
Paid mods = petition.

These are solid cons for a scrupulous customer, and these cons makes PC for me as the weakest platform.

Fun Fact, David Cage had same issues with PC when he moved to consoles.
Go figure.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Indeed. I hope Valve reassess this. I think their hands off approach and the terrible money split is the biggest problem. I don’t actually have much of an issue with some modders (note: SOME) asking for a bit of money for all their hard work, as some mods can really bring new life into an old game. The problem though is the same as some of the ridiculous DLC we get too. Think I’ve only seen a handful of DLC worth getting since its introduction into the gaming industry.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 27 April 2015 01:28 AM

Indeed. I hope Valve reassess this. I think their hands off approach and the terrible money split is the biggest problem. I don’t actually have much of an issue with some modders (note: SOME) asking for a bit of money for all their hard work, as some mods can really bring new life into an old game. The problem though is the same as some of the ridiculous DLC we get too. Think I’ve only seen a handful of DLC worth getting since its introduction into the gaming industry.

I think my biggest problem is that Valve is going to take 30% and the developer of the game is going to take somewhere up to 40%. So the actual modder will end up with a measly 30% although they have done all the work. Before that, if they received any donations, they got 100% of that. I’m not sure if modders will make more now or before, but whatever it is, they have managed to piss off the customers, and Valve is obviously doing it because they want to skim some of that profit.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, it’s a horrible split and gives little incentive to modders. As Boogie2988 said on YouTube, done right and this could of brought new life into old games while both parties continued to make money.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top