• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 31 January 2017 06:37 PM
nomadsoul - 29 January 2017 04:07 PM

Good question, it was my among my fav, went down with time, its still beast of a game in game design terms, but things i want in RE were toned down, specifically art design, environments, and action based focus ,having a dealer to give you all weapons you want etc Also responsible for changing focus to action horror and series adopted it until now

Yes, this is a valid argument. It was the first of the mothership title RE games to shift away from the traditional formula. But still….don’t understand how you could put RE:6 ahead of 4. That game was broken as hell.

Better story, better cast, some scenarios like Leon’s arc was semi horror, redeemed the mess somewhat
Gameplay wise i liked some changes, moves,evades, and Alex arc with nemesis type enemy
was good fun
RE4 gameplay to bosses were amazing, but apart from intro section , textures and design was piss poor, i tried to get into it again but it felt good on its own not as RE game
But i agree, its totally personal preference, as game design , RE4 is still a beast
Amount of content and bosses were staggering , but i will also never forgive it for changing focus to gun firing enemies, same shit was repeated in the end of evilwithin
and ruined deadspace 3

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

I just finished A New Beginning, very good.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im about 55 hrs into witcher 3 and started liking it a lot more, still think the game world is too big for its own good, and think they just give you entirely too much stuff, reminds me of Mass Effect 1 where every 10 steps you were getting new armor or a new gun. The inventory is massive with food, weapons, plants, quest items, crafting items, etc.. The game is also just really easy, bc they give you way too many potions and oils. I was a level 15 or 16 and beat a monster contract, that was a level 25 I think with very little problem bc I had a potion that every time I strike an enemy I regain health. What I do love a lot more now is the story, there is still a lot of politics which I like Im doing the sidequest where you can assassinate king radovid. I also love playing gwent a lot, I never did care for the dice game in 2. Overall a great rpg even though it is full of bugs galore and has crashed on me twice. I heard if you buy the expansions and install them it fixes the problems

If I would change anything it would be cut down the world by 25 percent and take out some of the monster contracts, not bc they are not fun, but bc it really does not fit into the lore. Monsters are supposed to be getting fewer and fewer but in the witcher 3 business is booming. I rather have fewer side quest but more involved ones. Also they should have cut down on the pick ups of armor and weapons bc it allows you to get gold way too quickly. Also as far as difficulty goes; on the higher settings it would be better to me if the devs did not let your character eat or drink in combat to heal. bc right now I have 30 waters in my inventory and I only bought 5 the rest I have picked up along the way and they regain a lot of health. Also a long those same lines less potions and oils would have helped also. Just too much to tip the scale into your favor.

just my thoughts so far

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 February 2017 05:43 PM

If I would change anything it would be cut down the world by 25 percent and take out some of the monster contracts, not bc they are not fun, but bc it really does not fit into the lore. Monsters are supposed to be getting fewer and fewer but in the witcher 3 business is booming

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1514/P120/#126676

w3 thread for long impressions, but contracts are optional
and huge w3 fan Gabe post there who can help you with business is booming part

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 02 February 2017 01:55 AM
Jdawg445 - 01 February 2017 05:43 PM

If I would change anything it would be cut down the world by 25 percent and take out some of the monster contracts, not bc they are not fun, but bc it really does not fit into the lore. Monsters are supposed to be getting fewer and fewer but in the witcher 3 business is booming

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1514/P120/#126676

w3 thread for long impressions, but contracts are optional
and huge w3 fan Gabe post there who can help you with business is booming part

they are optional I know and there are some really good ones but once again im of the mindset bigger is not always better. I rather have 20 to 50 really in depth sidequest than 150 bc there is bound to be filer, bc its hard not for some of them to not become routine. as in find the dead body follow the scent or footprints and end in a cave or a mountain top. One of my favorite side quest so far only lasted 5 minutes but it had such great world building that I loved it. Two peasants are praying to an old god and you figure out its just an old fat demon pulling a scam, no combat at lest for me and it lasted all off 5 minutes, but I remember that far more than the 2 fiends I beat.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 02 February 2017 02:35 PM

they are optional I know and there are some really good ones but once again im of the mindset bigger is not always better. I rather have 20 to 50 really in depth sidequest than 150 bc there is bound to be filer

Totally relative as far as taste of questlines go, mine fav wont be yours
but as long as they are choice not forced, its not bigger better its bigger optional
I did main quest, then wanted more of geralt and did all side ones after finishing the game
And even the worst monster quest had better story unfolding than most game stories nowadays so there is that
Like for e.g if i take all monster contracts , they were better written and told than whole w2 predictable story imo

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Totally disagree

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 February 2017 04:37 PM

Totally disagree

Already said its relative

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

I just replayed black mirror 2 this weekend. definitely a good game anyone like it?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-02-02

PM

Shardlight. Probably a strong 8 or a small 9 out of 10. And not just because I have a voice cameo in it.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bioshock

Part of the Bioshock PS4 Collection.

To quote myself from the archive forum (2007)...

My favourite game of the year without a doubt. Exploring the underwater world of Rapture is a artistic dream.

My only reservation is that the regeneration tanks make it far too easy and death meaningless within the game. I’m sure if you didn’t mind regenerating a billion times it’s perfectly possible to complete the game using just the wrench (Except for maybe the end sequence when you can’t regenerate)

SS2 is one of my all time favourite games so the fact that this is a carbon copy doesn’t detract from it’s compelling narrative. The big shock twist that comes 3/4 of the way through is sublime in making you look back at your previous actions in the game. Not since System Shock 2 and Knights of the old Republic has there been such a fun twist in the story.

A delight from start to finish.

More or less hold up to that. Playing it again was a lot of fun and while there have been games that have copied it there are few who have better it.

I still think that the Vita chambers take some of the tension out of the game. As part of this new collection is adds in a directors commentary (which you have to find the parts in the game) and a walk around museum level where you get to see some of the original concepts.

It’s a nice upgrade and it runs very smoothly.

A classic game.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nioh

Pros

- Games were not pulling me in like before , atleast not like old days of ps2 era, sometimes some games come and scratches that itch and more
it started as average affair but gradually unfolds into system deep and mechanically precise game what borrows heavily from Souls series but with its own nuances

- Stances, Guardian spirits, moves, ranged weapons, some aspects are better than Souls series, esp fast agile and 60 fps combat
- Incredible boss fights, requires skill and mastery but there are plenty of ways to deal with them based on your build, they are not hard like souls or even Ninja gaiden, more balanced and fun, requires pattern learning
- Amazing loot, oriental japanese armors and weapons that just keeps on giving, exotic and plenty
- Unlike Borderlands you can stock your fav weapons, reforge their stats and refashion them
- It fills the void of Onimusha perfectly
- 60 fps is game changer
- 60+ hrs of content , 30+ bosses
- Based on actual time period and historical characters , fiction is really well done
- Many sengoku basara type characters are here with dark warring states theme
- Tactical finesse of Way of samurai and Bushido blade, fast frantic combos and evasion of Ninja gaiden, and setting/theme of Onimusha and Sengoku basara, with base gameplay systems of Souls and loot system of Diablo…Team ninja nailed it, its their years of fighting and slasher game experience showing its true form
- Beautiful and sexy cast of side characters, some female designs are even better than Tecmo’s past efforts of DoA, NG or FatalFrame5 etc Men are equally handsome sporting beautiful armors
- Levels are great, Total Japanese fix

Cons

- What could go wrong? Sheer lack of enemy variety, its recycled to death
What you face in the first area, is repeated till last area and final levels
Luckily stages are good enough and all Japanese based and base gameplay is fun enough to keep coming back for more and more

Verdict

Overall = Demons’Souls > Bloodborne > Nioh> Darksouls> Letitdie> rest
Gameplay wise Nioh is best

If it had not been for repetitive enemies this game would have been masterpiece

9.5/10

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bioshock 2

From the PS4 Bioshock Collection.

I remember that I never finished this game when it first came out, there was something about the new mechanics that bugged me and I stopped playing it about 25% through.

I think it was the hoard mode bits when you had to protect the little sisters as they collected ADAM and threw a bunch of enemies at you.

It’s still annoying, but I plugged through this to actually complete it.

However as much as I love Rapture as a setting, too much of a good thing can be bad. This was less of a sequel and more of the same with tweaked mechanics and a couple of new enemies.

Even though it is in different parts of the city the art design and levels are just too similar to the first game and the story isn’t as compelling.

You play as a Big Daddy this time so ar emore sturdy in a fight. Combat mechanics have been streamlined to allow you to fire plasmids or weapons at the same time rather than switching between them, making it more frenetic. This is just as well as they throw more enemies at you in this game, especially in the hoard bits.

Hacking has been reduced from the pipe flow game to a moving needle which you must stop in the green parts. Basically a reaction puzzle.

So while it does retain some of the charm of the original it doesn’t reach it’s heights.

3.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 20 February 2017 05:57 PM

Bioshock 2

I prefered the gameplay of Bishock 2, more varied weapons and powers. Story I agree is not so good because it lacks the twists but don’t forget to play Minerva’s Den by the the creators of Gone Home. It’s a great little story

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

still playing witcher 3 and having fun, im on skillega sp now and just picked the new king or queen in my case lol.

Also my gal picked up until dawn for 15 bucks, bc I told her it was kind of like the telltale games where you make decisions and she loves the wolf among us. So far we have played it once and we both like it. I play the game part and she makes all the decisions. we are not very far and nobody has died yet. My thoughts are the story is very basic horror cliches and stereotypes but it is really fun to play and we are having a blast. the graphics are really good especially the backdrop, I feel cold when I play the game and the sound design is really good especially the sound of crunching snow. The animations are good but the facial animations are off a little and it seems every character has a weird facial tick bc of the animation. The only other small gripe I have so far is this, I know this is an interactive movie and that does not bother me and I would imagine it does not bother most gamers; so why do they make opening a door or a gate a 4 step process lol. Instead of pressing a button you have to use the right stick, rotate the right stick, press X 2 times etc…. are we opening a gate or putting in a cheat code for mortal combat. lol. Like I said a small gripe. I have made an amateur video of my gal and I playing until dawn. It contains mild spoilers I guess, but I hope yall enjoy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top