• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Dead Synchronicity” - now on Kickstarter! Demo available!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 03 March 2015 05:11 PM

I am super stuck in the beta.. If anyone else who’s played it wants to pm me and give me a hint, that would be cool Grin

The game is looking promising but I barely even touched the beta so I probably can’t help you. It seems a ton of indie games just decided to release now!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah and its starting to feel like a really strong year for adventures too. I have only positive things to say about this game so far (despite being extremely stuck).

EDIT: aaaand finished. Its really cool. I cant wait to have a copy of the soundtrack and i hope the game sells well.

EDIT2: arrrrrghh!!! i want the next chapter of the game nooow Tongue It really is an unusually good piece of storytelling… and despite being a solid 9 hour game.. i feel like it wasnt enough.. i need more! Smile
And i cant say enough about the whole soundtrack….. https://soundcloud.com/fictiorama/ds-main-title-1

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Note for other backers: they just pushed the update on steam to give the game 100% voice acting, it sounds great! Looks like its in its totally final form now. And it officially releases in several days.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cool. Thanks for the update. I was enjoying the game a lot but held up playing it until the final release. Guess now is a good time.
Oficial relase is Friday.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’ll be totally honest- up until about a few days ago, I’d only barely kept half an eye on this game, having been preoccupied the past few months by other adventures. But I have to say, I’m very pleased with what I’ve played up to act 2. Lovely world-building with a great seedy atmosphere and a unique art style- and most importantly- a compelling story, it feels like a spiritual successor to something like Beneath a Steel Sky or Primordia.

Is some of it cliched, stereotypical dystopian sci-fi? Yeah, possibly. But it works. It’s not exactly the most imaginative or original setting/setup you’ll find in an adventure game, but it’s convincing enough that you can just go along with it. That’s all it needs to be.

Really pleased with it thus far. Am thoroughly enjoying my time with adventures this year.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve really liked the story so far too, I’m quite far along on chapter two (haven’t yet continued today). There are some cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic cliches but I think they’re weaved into the story nicely, they don’t feel forced at all. I like the bleakness and honesty of the world, no sugar-coating but no excess underlining either, people are what they are when disaster strikes.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It has a bit of IHNMAIMS in it, arriving at Suicide Park leaves a big impression. Great work with the art style, although sometimes the characters look too much the same.
Most voices are pretty good, could’ve been a negative point in a game where the dark atmosphere is so prevalent but I think they got it so far.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

started playing, but does anyone else find the soundtrack is much too progressive for the atmosphere?, yea i like it (on its own) but its rather confusing, i was wishing for something more classical, a real soundtrack, not some indie rock music as a major theme.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished it. I liked it a lot BUT that ending!!!!! I cannot believe it ended at that point, things were about to get very interesting… They should have called it Episode 1 or something.

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do…

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 12 April 2015 07:04 AM

I’ve finished it. I liked it a lot BUT that ending!!!!! I cannot believe it ended at that point, things were about to get very interesting… They should have called it Episode 1 or something. 

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do…

that sums up exactly how i felt. I really really liked it but if it had been just a couple hours longer and resolved the main story it wouldv been a fantastic full game. Instead its a fantastic episode 1. And who knows when/if we’ll get episode 2.

Also as to the soundtrack, i thought it fit the atmosphere perfectly. I backed at the level to get the soundtrack, and it says in my library that its installed… but i havnt been able to find the files anywhere. Anyone find the soundtrack?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 12 April 2015 09:10 AM

that sums up exactly how i felt. I really really liked it but if it had been just a couple hours longer and resolved the main story it wouldv been a fantastic full game. Instead its a fantastic episode 1. And who knows when/if we’ll get episode 2.

Specially frustrating because it ending arrives right at the climax of the story and after they introduce that cool new puzzle mechanic that involves time-travel. I guess they didn’t want a rushed the ending, I can see that, but I hope they get to do the sequel (with the help to Daedalic maybe). Game is too good to end like this.

zane - 12 April 2015 09:10 AM

Also as to the soundtrack, i thought it fit the atmosphere perfectly. I backed at the level to get the soundtrack, and it says in my library that its installed… but i havnt been able to find the files anywhere. Anyone find the soundtrack?

I have the same problem. Looking at the kickstarter comments I don’t think it’s available digitally yet.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

gotta admit (halfway through the game) that i am diggin’ the soundtrack (come on, i was only starting, giving my 1st impression Grin )

one thing else, i have to mentionof the game; it has the best interactive responses i ever seen at an adventure (and i challenge anyone to say otherwise) every action or combination has a unique repose, descriptions change all the time upon your (previous) actions, i think this one had beaten Black MirrorII, finally!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 12 April 2015 10:01 AM

one thing else, i have to mentionof the game; it has the best interactive responses i ever seen at an adventure (and i challenge anyone to say otherwise) every action or combination has a unique repose, descriptions change all the time upon your (previous) actions, i think this one had beaten Black MirrorII, finally!

That’s true, nice attention to detail, and some Steam achievements are tied to those various interactions, in some way , it also rewards trying out different things.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

it has the best interactive responses i ever seen at an adventure

I find annoying the fact that some objects have two descriptions (you have to press the right click a second time) and some of them don`t (and I end up listening to the same response over and over again).

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Abnaxus - 12 April 2015 11:24 AM

it has the best interactive responses i ever seen at an adventure

I find annoying the fact that some objects have two descriptions (you have to press the right click a second time) and some of them don`t (and I end up listening to the same response over and over again).

but ain’t that just a little price to all of the other privileges, if that to be complained about even, then with the greatest of them all BMII (i mean the number of descriptions) were still uncertain (the number of descriptions) sometimes 2 (mostly 3) and sometimes/rarely even 4, but they effected the gameplaying, i don’t know yet about Dead Synchronicity (since i haven’t finished yet) one description, two description, but either ways never effected the gameplaying (the progress).

but what i am digging here, is not the number, its how the description changes all the time, even better than the So Blonde experience, (as the changes made from one chapter to the other only). At Dead Synchronicity; You look at wall (i.e) its smeared with blood, talk to the soldiers and it becomes the wall of shame, and so on and on along the game, if you think (imagine) about the humongous work behind this, you will have to appreciate it, the whole game!.
Early AGs used to crash (always) because of these changes (only when necessarily needed) and the devs forget about, “Opps you did something we never thought of” or some line like that.

I just love this game, end of story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top