• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Check out the walkthrough vid, elements of soulreaver, asscreed and Batman.
Doing some innovative things to Middleearth universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/orcs-are-no-longer-the-scariest-thing-in-mordor

Gonna be hit.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Neutral that looks a lot like AssCreed, eerily similar in a lot of aspects with Batman. Well, at least they are ripping from good games, so maybe we’ll have a good LOTR game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone getting this one this week?

Reviews are very good and I really like Monolith but I’m still debating to get this at launch.
Sounds like another good open world game based on property (like Arkham Asylum). Although I don’t know if it’s faithfull to the lore or will just annoy fans of LotR.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 September 2014 11:16 AM

Anyone getting this one this week?

Reviews are very good and I really like Monolith but I’m still debating to get this at launch.
Sounds like another good open world game based on property (like Arkham Asylum). Although I don’t know if it’s faithfull to the lore or will just annoy fans of LotR.

Saw streams on PS4, early copies are out.

Game art and environment looked way to generic,and sick of golem and troll designs.
not fond of orc race either.
Nemesis system is solid but again one race. Combat is copy/paste of Arkham.

I will get it at discount later in Dec/Jan.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 September 2014 02:12 PM

I will get it at discount later in Dec/Jan.

That’s what I’m thinking of doing. Price should drop fast enough and lots of stuff arriving soon.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PS4 is beast, i dont see much diff

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/1/1/0/5/0/Ultra_003.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/1/1/0/5/0/PS4_003.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

Yum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sinked in 6hrs, killed 3 warchiefs.

Nemesis system is unique and fun but getting old.

Gameplay is as laggy in inputs as Asscreed. And If there is one button to do 2 things it will have problem registering what player wants even you face that object.

Combat is not responsive as Darksouls , more like in middle of Arkham games and Asscreed.

Graphics,Orcs Modeling and VA have high production values.

For those who dig Asscreed looking for new take on world gamesystem, must play this.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Finished it last night, in 13 hrs.

Cons

- Game gets old quickly.
- Gets easy after some Abilities, you can spam every warchief, captian with same known strategies regardless of their weakness.
- Its worst game when it comes to Xray vision abuse, whole missions are based on that,
from barrels to enemies you can interrogate, even to find herbs in grassy land, you need
Xray vision.
- Too many quicktimes, gow ripoff.
- You can easily exploit Nemesis system.
- Weak Clunky combat
- Noobish stealth.
- Crap bosses.

Pros

- Good graphics, decent effort by Monolith.
- Really seems good for first few hours.

Rating

5/10

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mmm, doesn’t sound good, bargain bin it is

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it in a lot of top 10 lists of the year.

Most of the feedback apart from Nomads has been widely positive. It is sitting on Metacritic with an 85 after 72 reviews.

I hope to play it at some point.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@lucien

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/10/08/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-paid-branding-deals-should-have-gamergate-up-in-arms/

Though i wont be surprised if people give it awards and acclaim due to mainstream appeal, the things i mentioned as Cons are exactly some consider as blessing.

Them Handholding experiences.

I mean Kotaku gave Evilwithin a ‘No’ and he spent 30 hrs with 130+ deaths.
LoL

Edit:

wilco - 24 October 2014 03:08 PM

Mmm, doesn’t sound good, bargain bin it is

On the contrary Lords of Fallen looking hot. Wasn’t in my radar, but after watching it recently on PS4 streams i will be getting it along with Shadow warrior.
Getting CoD on Monday, then DragonAge, Farcry and Assunity in Nov.

My Wallet Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 24 October 2014 04:49 PM

On the contrary Lords of Fallen looking hot. Wasn’t in my radar, but after watching it recently on PS4 streams i will be getting it along with Shadow warrior.
Getting CoD on Monday, then DragonAge, Farcry and Assunity in Nov.

My Wallet Frown

So much stuff releasing now after long months without nothing,,, And right when I don’t have time Frown Still haven’t finished Alien and Evil Within… Right now all about Bayo2!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

@lucien

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/10/08/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-paid-branding-deals-should-have-gamergate-up-in-arms/

youtubers are not on Metacritic.

I’ve seen plenty of reviews from real journalists that I respect raving about the game.

Of course it’s not for everyone and you didn’t like it, but that doesn’t mean you need to trot out conspiracy theories.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 25 October 2014 08:27 AM

@lucien

youtubers are not on Metacritic.

I’ve seen plenty of reviews from real journalists that I respect raving about the game.

Of course it’s not for everyone and you didn’t like it, but that doesn’t mean you need to trot out conspiracy theories.

This particular deal was handled by the firm Plaid Social, a video game PR company that deals with video content. (By comparison, for my review copy of the game I worked with Fortyseven Communications, a PR firm that works with numerous publishers across the video game industry.)

“Maximize awareness for the Shadow of Mordor video game during the ‘Week of Vengeance’ through gameplay content, key brand messaging, and information and talent usage on Twitch channels. Persuade viewers to purchase game, catch the attention of casual and core gamers who already know and love Middle-earth.”

Looks like your attention have been caught. Wink

Furthermore, “Videos will promote positive sentiment about the game” and videos “must not show bugs or glitches which may exist.”

Jim Sterling gave Boogie2988 props for his honesty and transparency here, and I agree. It’s good to see this sort of openness about this issue. It’s good when there’s full disclosure about this sort of thing.

Thing is about transparency and censorship, if you will take money or favors from someone i wont expect guys like you to be open about it.

But i would expect guys like Wilco to be open about it. Wink

All boils down to the character, if there are deals with Journalists not youtubers,
they would obviously prefer to save their company/outlet Image first.
I think you didn’t know what happened with Gamespot scandal in past, or maybe you were out of the loop.
From Adamsessler podcasts about Transparency to Doritos pope scandal, industry journalists are sellouts.

Conspiracy theory is a defense trope now, to shut down all whistleblowers.
Glad it neither worked on XB1 DRM nor in Ubisoft Fake E3 demos.

We need transparent people.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 25 October 2014 11:19 AM

Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Better drink than this Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top