• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Tad - 26 May 2015 07:01 AM

Anyone else feeling a bit fatigued of superhero films?

Not really, but…I don’t get to see movies at the cinema as much now that I’ve got a toddler. So, I definitely pick and choose what I’ll go see in the theater because it means hiring a babysitter and planning a night out.

As a result, I’ll probably see one or two blockbuster movies when they come out. The rest wait until they’re in some form of on-demand, which means I can pace them. That may shield me from most of that sense of fatigue.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I don’t go to the movies much either, but it just seems like there’s one released every few months now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Definitely a bunch of them on the horizon. I’d say, if anything, it’s “action movie” fatigue more than just superheroes. But they’re balanced by a glut of sappy romance movies. I think we’re facing lots of choices, not just from movies but also from television and even games, which can be exhausting.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That happened to me about 10 years ago, and it has only gotten worse in the meantime - In fact just writing this pretty much made me sick in my mouth.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 26 May 2015 12:29 PM

That happened to me about 10 years ago, and it has only gotten worse in the meantime - In fact just writing this pretty much made me sick in my mouth.

But 10 years ago we had the best superhero movies Smile

I don’t really care, I see them all, some of them are fun, others not really. All are better than a Michael Bay action movie. The Marvel formula will probably get stale some day for audiences but as long as they make money out it they will show up.

Mad Max-like quality action movies will still show up, there is room for everyone.

Edit: What I’m sick of is remakes of 80s/90s classic movies (Poltergeist now…....)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 26 May 2015 08:08 PM
Iznogood - 26 May 2015 12:29 PM

But 10 years ago we had the best superhero movies Smile

Ohh - I forgot about those, let me alter my previous statement:

That happened to me exactly 12 years 11 months and 13 days ago, and it has only gotten worse in the meantime - In fact just writing this almost made me sick in my mouth.

Grin Meh Shifty Eyed Sick

Mind you I’m also not a big fan of Romantic Comedies
Action movies bore me to death
Remake is just another word for laziness - and a whole lot of other things that I won’t say here.
Teen movies like Hunger Games are perfectly fine - IF you are a teenager, which I’m not.
Stupid comedies are rarely funny
Vampires, Zombies and whatnot Sick (Fortunately they are not in vogue anymore)

I don’t really go to the cinema very often anymore!

I am a big sucker for sci-fi - IF it is not just an action movie set in a sci-fi setting.
Spy movies can be great - IF they are not too action based.
Good Drama - Though it is hard to define what good drama is.
Adventure (obviously) - If it is not too silly.
Good comedy - Though I can remember the last time a good comedy was actually made.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Smile, fair enough, not even The Dark Knight? It’s usually the best for people that don’t like superhero movies since it’s more “realistic” and more of a crime caper.

I don’t really have a problem with any genre (maybe musicals), not that I really watch that many movies now.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 27 May 2015 10:22 AM

Smile, fair enough, not even The Dark Knight?

Not really, but its more of a Meh than a Sick
I actually did enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy, or at least the first 4/5 of the movie, before it became too super-hero-y. Up until then I really thought more of it as a sci-fi movie than a super hero movie.

p.s: I am of course exaggerating a bit.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kung Fury

Backed it with lowest tier.
I know we were in a treat after getting caught up with Hotline Miami and BloodDragon 80s vibe and trend emerging in last few years, and NeoGaffers and other fans were expecting no less from this Movie, for me this is 10 times more than i expected.

2D fighting games,
MortalKombat,
80s cartoon TheMask and GIJOE,
80s Computer tech,
80s arcade,
80s Music Mitchmurder etc.,
80s Movies,
80s cheese,
The way they assimilated CG into Real actors with 80s filter,
HasselTheHoff 9000,

Grin

Its non stop action comedy madness in 30 minutes.

Need sequel now, and would back this project with higher tier next time.
Probably the best short movie of the last decade for 80s game, cartoon and movies fans alike.

5/5

Its free, have best time of your life in going back in time done with current tech.

Game is free on iOS Itunes, wish it was proper 2D brawler with buttons like BareKnuckle.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree that Kung Fury is some of the best 80s cheese packed in a 30-minute non-stop barrage of silliness. Most fun I’ve had all week. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Finally watched Mad Max and I freakin loved it. I completely agree with everything critics and everyone here said. It was the most fun I had in a movie in a very long time. I really hope the game lives up to the movie.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Just seen Ex - Machina.

I have a question for everyone who watched it:

Do you think she passed the test?

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I can not watch them, yeah I know these films are just for fun and not think too much, but still every time I try to watch one of them, I find them very pathetic, they seem all the same to me. The idea of “these are the good guys” and “these are bad guys” and in the middle a circus of special effects, completely vacuous, is not my thing.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

lucebend - 02 June 2015 02:59 PM

Just seen Ex - Machina.

I guess you can say that she… killed it.  Cool

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Abnaxus - 03 June 2015 06:02 PM
lucebend - 02 June 2015 02:59 PM

Just seen Ex - Machina.

I guess you can say that she… killed it.  Cool

Well… That depends on what the test actually was. You could say that Caleb’s test was to figure out if she’s going to pass Turing test. And you could argue that Ava’s test was to convince him to escape. But, was that all that Nathan wanted to test on his “subjects”? He was very ambiguous character, with multitude intentions. He might not have been testing Ava’s intelligence and resourcefulness. He might have been testing her empathy, her ability to ignore logical and rational inputs (programming) in favor of emotions. Maybe that’s what he thought the last phase should be, the missing link that discerns robots from humans. Emotions and empathy, ability to sacrifice oneself to save another.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top