• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 22 October 2014 06:17 PM

Anyone know how often these episodes are to be released?  One a month would be awesome.

Heh. You’re not a backer. Or one who can’t be bothered with updates.

Well you’re such a sleuth Meh I also don’t sit on this site 24/7 Laughing I don’t remember a mention of release order in the updates.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well you’re such a sleuth Meh  I don’t remember a mention of release order in the updates.

So you missed all the brouhaha.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 22 October 2014 06:25 PM

Well you’re such a sleuth Meh  I don’t remember a mention of release order in the updates.

So you missed all the brouhaha.

Story of my Life.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

giom - 22 October 2014 06:07 PM

Tried playing it, it crashes in the middle of the intro on OS X Yosemite on a retina macbook pro with dedicated GPU. I almost gave in to the tentation but thanks to that I’ll go back to my original plan of waiting until all episodes are released Smile

Apparently setting the graphics quality to low during the cutscenes, should prevent the crashes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Damn it. Finished it. Longer then I was expecting, Europolis has great potential dor more exploration, hope we get to explore more stuff in future episodes. Perfomance problems were getting worse by the end, hope they fix that. That final part left me confused about the story… but it’s been some time since I played Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

Should I know who is Saga and Etta?

“We will announce the release date for Book Two soon after the release of Book One, and we will work very hard to keep the wait between books as brief as possible. Book Two is already in alpha, and Book Three isn’t far behind,” Tørnquist added.

Don’t know if Ragnar got more specific than that after this comment in June.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

About the choices, most of them seemed to be pretty one-sided in popular opinion.
That comment about your choice about Mr- London having repercussions very soon was creppy, maybe death of character… Reza?!?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Bonsai - 22 October 2014 06:05 PM

Done. Thoroughly loved this episode.  I will replay it if/when a patch comes out for the fps issues I had. Anyone know how often these episodes are to be released?  One a month would be awesome.

They haven’t really said specifically but they’ve implied around 2 or 3 months. Which is not bad if they can maintain that.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Frogacuda - 22 October 2014 06:46 PM

They haven’t really said specifically but they’ve implied around 2 or 3 months.

Ragnar said the game would “definitely” be finished in 2015. Or “definitley” not later than 2015. Smile That gives them 14 months for 4 more episodes. I bet it will be 2016. Hope I’m wrong, but experience with KS projects tells me otherwise.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you Frogacuda & wilco. Much appreciated.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thank you Frogacuda & wilco. Much appreciated.

Not at all. My pleasure. Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Iznogood - 22 October 2014 06:31 PM
giom - 22 October 2014 06:07 PM

Tried playing it, it crashes in the middle of the intro on OS X Yosemite on a retina macbook pro with dedicated GPU. I almost gave in to the tentation but thanks to that I’ll go back to my original plan of waiting until all episodes are released Smile

Apparently setting the graphics quality to low during the cutscenes, should prevent the crashes.

Yep, setting them to Medium did it. Thanks! I played 10 minute then promptly forced myself to stop and wait for the next episodes (plus I haven’t finished my complete replay of TLJ + Dreamfall)

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2009-10-24

PM

Its cool that choices matter so much even within this episode alone.  Not going to spoil anything but there is a choice that leads to a part that can have different puzzles, location and new characters.  That’s more than any walking dead episode has done within one chapter.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

The performance issues have reinforced my decision to wait, but it still takes willpower not to hit download. I really want to replay Dreamfall first anyway for maximum impact, something I’ve been meaning to do for a while.

The only part of the game I’ve chosen to see is the Mira and Wit scene that’s causing a bit of controversy, because I wanted to form an opinion on it. My initial thoughts are that I agree with Ragnar 100%: people wouldn’t bat and eye if this were a movie or TV show. In those established art forms, people accept “bad” characters as part of the narrative experience. However, because we’re not used to that in games, suddenly it’s in poor taste. Obviously your mileage may vary; some people will be offended, some will find it uncomfortable, some may even find it enjoyable…but that’s storytelling for ya - it elicits different emotions in different people. As for Mira and Wit’s relationship, I think it’s totally jumping the gun to say that it doesn’t work creatively, before we’ve seen the whole story.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 22 October 2014 06:40 PM

About the choices, most of them seemed to be pretty one-sided in popular opinion.
That comment about your choice about Mr- London having repercussions very soon was creppy, maybe death of character… Reza?!?

I think all this build up is there to Make Zoe reach a deadlock, situation where
politics in Stark and something BIG in Arcadia.
She will be stuck by the end to make choice bending both worlds.

So i am happy wherever Ragnar will take us.
I was afraid that he would loose in dragging story but right now tempo and buildup
is solid.
Shitbot,Mira, Roman, London etc. Ragnar knows how to write good NPCs.

About the baby though, his/her hair is yellow, April is not blonde.
But the birth scene was immediately after April’s Funeral to sync up with Reborn
theme, maybe different body and different time in future we will play him/her.
And this arc will be loosely explained untill fullfledged April’s TLG 2D game???

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think it was pretty bold move from Ragnar to make at least the first part of the story revolve so heavily around politics and the small controversey around Mira/Wit is pretty amusing and telling on how some people can’t seperate fiction from reality.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top